What's new

My iphone4 wont let me facetime

simonb1984

Reaction score
An anyone help me I have a iPhone 4 and it stay on the waiting for activation when I turn my FaceTime on then says FaceTime is unsuccessful I tried everything

simonb1984 said:
An anyone help me I have a iPhone 4 and it stay on the waiting for activation when I turn my FaceTime on then says FaceTime is unsuccessful I tried everything

Are you connected to a wifi network? If so do you have FaceTime on in your settings?

simonb1984 said:

Do you have FaceTime enabled

Yes I have it enabled and I'm connected to wifi but it doesn't want to activate

simonb1984 said:
Yes I have it enabled and I'm connected to wifi but it doesn't want to activate

Ok. Does the person our trying to ft with have a iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4g

Yes they do but my phone is the problem because it's not activating my FaceTime there or no lil cameras on the side of any of my contacts and they all have iPhone 4 with FaceTime working except for mines dont have a clue y I goggle it and tried everything they said to ti but nothing works

To activate the account, FaceTime uses your apple ID. Go in to setting and check that you are logged in to face time. If not touch your account box to bring up your options and log in. It will verify your account and log you in
When you first activated your face time accout you should have received a confirmation email to reply to to verify your email address, if you did not do this the account will not be activated .

Last edited:
Yeah I did that already and it's still saying waiting for activation and then it says unsuccessful activation try again

simonb1984 said:
Yeah I did that already and it's still saying waiting for activation and then it says unsuccessful activation try again

My only suggestion is to go to a apple store to solve this issue may have a software issue

iCrank said:
My only suggestion is to go to a apple store to solve this issue may have a software issue

He should just do that anyway lol sounds to me it's not an iPhone 4, more like a 3GS

holophyte said:
No there is no front facing camera on the 3GS

Ok you can not get the FaceTime app from the app store and on 3GS it is not download with the OS4 software, therefore the only way to get face time on a 3GS is to jail break.
This being the case if the phone is 3GS taking it to the apple store may not be a good idea as it may cause lots of problems.

simonb1984 said:
No it's a iPhone 4

If it's a iPhone4, if you have bought it new in the last 90 days give the apple support line a ring, if it's older than that take it either to shop that you bought or a apple store.