What's new

My iphone4 wont let me facetime

It's new got it in June I'm takin it to the store today thx

davedrizen said:
Ok you can not get the FaceTime app from the app store and on 3GS it is not download with the OS4 software, therefore the only way to get face time on a 3GS is to jail break.
This being the case if the phone is 3GS taking it to the apple store may not be a good idea as it may cause lots of problems.

If it is a 3GS phone then you won't be able to face time at all. It needs to have a front facing camera as well so you can see the person on the other end of the call. Without a front facing camera you'd have to talk looking at the back if your phone which would be pointless. To see if your phone is a 3GS or 4 take a photograph and see if it has an icon at the front right to reverse the photograph. If you click this you should see yourself whilst holding the phone with the screen pointing towards you. If this is the case it's an iphone4.

As per the pic attached top right shows I can turn the camera around to face me

View attachment 1638

It's a 4 I'm know how a 3GS looks had one before it's a iPhone 4

simonb1984 said:
It's a 4 I'm know how a 3GS looks had one before it's a iPhone 4

Then I suggest you take it into a phone store and let them look at it. Not much help here.

Just to clarify something with you guys. There is a way that you can FaceTime on a 3GS. There is a tweak in Cydia called FaceIt. 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 are the only firmwares supported. Here is the repo http://apps.iphoneislam.com/ sorry mods if this isn't allowed. Remove if need be.

iCrank said:
Just to clarify something with you guys. There is a way that you can FaceTime on a 3GS. There is a tweak in Cydia called FaceIt. 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 are the only firmwares supported. Here is the repo http://apps.iphoneislam.com/ sorry mods if this isn't allowed. Remove if need be.

Yeah but iCrank i only do unbroken phones so such apps would have to be said by you or others that are jailbroke. Oh that's what you've done  he he

holophyte said:
Yeah but iCrank i only do unbroken phones so such apps would have to be said by you or others that are jailbroke. Oh that's what you've done  he he

I can understand that. I don't understand the last part though. If you're talking about FaceTime I wouldn't know I have a iPhone 4. FaceTime works for me over wifi and 3G so I'm good.

Ok I have a 4 and it's jailbroken from jailbreakme.com it's the 4.3.3 and wen I got the facebreak from cydia and tried to use FaceTime it didn't want to do that's way I'm saying it keeps saying the waiting for activation then it says activation unsuccessful try again

simonb1984 said:
Ok I have a 4 and it's jailbroken from jailbreakme.com it's the 4.3.3 and wen I got the facebreak from cydia and tried to use FaceTime it didn't want to do that's way I'm saying it keeps saying the waiting for activation then it says activation unsuccessful try again

Try my3G. It works great with my FaceTime over a 3G network.

simonb1984 said:
I tried it already

Well you might have to do a restore and see if that fixes it. If not take it to the apple store. If you care anything about your jailbreak you'll need to save your shsh blobs so you can downgrade back to 4.3.3