What's new

Use facetime without service

crazyshawn533

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 Rogers 4.3.3 and I was wondering If there's some way to make FaceTime work the same way it does on an iPod touch because I have a sim in my phone and its activated but I'm blocked from like service and stuff like no phone calls, SMS or Internet Because I'm grounded.. Soo can anybody help me get FaceTime to work pleaaase? :)

I use QIK over wifi or 3G. My friends have it on their iPhones and androids.

Okay I'll try that but I still want a solution to my problem :p

Face time originally doesn't use your sim service to work, it always use wifi. But since you will be calling a phone number to be able to face time with, you will need a sim card to be install in the iPhone. Anther ways are to use 3rd party apps like skype kiq etc...

I have a sim card in though.. I just can't do anything with it like it still says Rogers at the top of the screen and stuff and the person I wanna call has an iPod touch not an iPhone.

You should be able to call the iPod touch via its email address.

Perhaps it's because you need a phone number to dial out from, for the iPhone...?

Yeah, unfortunately due to your locked service you can only rely on 3rd party apps for the time being since you can use these apps over wifi (this ur service provider cannot block)

Perhaps it's because you need a phone number to dial out from, for the iPhone...?

You can use FaceTime without any cell service. The apple ID of the person you're calling has to be stored as a contact on your phone. Then you go into that contact and just hit the FaceTime button and it will connect.

You can use FaceTime without any cell service. The apple ID of the person you're calling has to be stored as a contact on your phone. Then you go into that contact and just hit the FaceTime button and it will connect.

True, you don't need a service but you do need a valid sim for it to work. Unless you have an iPod/pad...

Why should anyone try and help you with this anyways? Your parents grounded you, they don't mean for you to spend the time trying to get around the restrictions they put you under. If they don't want you making phone calls and texting, obviously they don't want you Facetime chatting. Learn to respect your parents, and grow up.

Why should anyone try and help you with this anyways? Your parents grounded you, they don't mean for you to spend the time trying to get around the restrictions they put you under. If they don't want you making phone calls and texting, obviously they don't want you Facetime chatting. Learn to respect your parents, and grow up.

??? What are u talking about?