What's new

My iPhone Case setup!

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
Hey guys nubee here!! Just got my iPhone 4 last week and I thought I'd share what kinda protection Im using for it. Idk if that's a waste of a thread but just wanted to get your guy's and gals input :)

I got the iSkin Solo (clear/frost color) for my phone and also went to an Invisible Shield kiosk in the mall and had them put a clear screen protector on for me for the front AND back side :). The case i got online was for $19 shipping included, not a bad deal I think. But the screen protector was a bit pricey but worth it since they put it on for me and I can tell it will be on for the life of the phone.

Over all I feel my phone is very well protected, already had my phone slip outta my hand twice while falling asleep in be and fell on my floor lol!! Not a long fall at all but still :)

Hey guys nubee here!! Just got my iPhone 4 last week and I thought I'd share what kinda protection Im using for it. Idk if that's a waste of a thread but just wanted to get your guy's and gals input :)

I got the iSkin Solo (clear/frost color) for my phone and also went to an Invisible Shield kiosk in the mall and had them put a clear screen protector on for me for the front AND back side :). The case i got online was for $19 shipping included, not a bad deal I think. But the screen protector was a bit pricey but worth it since they put it on for me and I can tell it will be on for the life of the phone.

Over all I feel my phone is very well protected, already had my phone slip outta my hand twice while falling asleep in be and fell on my floor lol!! Not a long fall at all but still :)

Does the iSkin not lift up the invisible shield? This happened to my gel case and is why I changed it but sounds like a decent setup.

No the girl who put on my screen protector advised me not to put my case on for atleast a day to let the protector set in.

I guess everyone is facing the same issue - how to protect the iPhone face becasue most covers only takes care of the back of the phone and most cases that protect the front and the back are too bulky during use. Personally, I never trust those cheap screen protectors. They are always so hard to put on and so easy to peel off. My solution was to buy two cases. One thin but strong back cover (I got the pretty slider cover from ecoover-covers on ebay - see my avatar - you'll find it in google) and one belt cover that provides full protection while I'm not using it. It's a perfect solution to me.

Last edited:
Silicone cases can protect the iphone 4 .And it is good looking and antiskid . Silicone case will be a good choice as it is environmentally friendly .Many silicone rubber products factories can produce good quality silicone case for iphone 4 . Shenzhen Hong You Xin Rubber Products Co.,Ltd is a professional factory that produce silicone products .

Hi!

Just got a 2 tone, Black & White bumper protecting mine! I just can't find the right case :(

The only thing I'm concerned about a silicone case is that it is usually sticky and attracts dust (although they may say that it does not). The ecoover-covers case I got is made of high quality hard plastic with a super thin layer of rubber and so it feel strong, solid and soft the same time and also, it does not attract dust easily. It is such a nice case and I simply love it! Try get one and you'll know what I'm talking about here.

Silicone cases can protect the iphone 4 .And it is good looking and antiskid . Silicone case will be a good choice as it is environmentally friendly .Many silicone rubber products factories can produce good quality silicone case for iphone 4 . Shenzhen Hong You Xin Rubber Products Co.,Ltd is a professional factory that produce silicone products .

The only thing I'm concerned about a silicone case is that it is usually sticky and attracts dust (although they may say that it does not). The ecoover-covers case I got is made of high quality hard plastic with a super thin layer of rubber and so it feel strong, solid and soft the same time and also, it does not attract dust easily. It is such a nice case and I simply love it! Try get one and you'll know what I'm talking about here.

Silicone case is washable and it is waterproof . Silicone will be better than hard plastic with its soft handle feel .The most important is that silicone case is nonpoisonous and insipidity . All in all ,silicone case is good for enviornment .

Hello , what kinds of case do you want ? You can take silicone case to have a try .

If you want a case that's protective it's going to add bulk to your phone. Pretty much any of the Otterbox cases, the Griffith Survivor, and the Element Vapor cases are all pretty good at what they do. I have an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone, I know a cop that has an Otterbox Commuter, I don't know anyone with a Griffith or Element case though. The Griffith is similar in style to the Otterbox Defender but it has caps over the camera lens and stuff and I hear that they aren't the easiest things to pop open sometimes, that's what swayed me to the Otterbox the most. The Griffith case is the only one that can say they're Mil Spec certified, meaning they mean certain criteria for dust, moisture, and shock resistance. The Otterbox and Griffith Survivor are made out of polycarbonate for the shell and then a secondary silicone outer shell is slipped over that. The silicone does not attract dust and mud anymore than anything else does... and I would fancy myself a bit of an expert on that since I live in the high desert in California. The Otterbox's belt clip serves as the screen protector as well and it doesn't pop out very easily. You have to use a small bit of force to remove the phone from the belt clip. Also, I don't think any case except the Root Case or Grove Case can boast an environmental slant since they're the only cases made out of renewable materials. Silicone is a synthetic material.