What's new

Which cases might scratch the backside of my iphone?

mimimimimi

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just read that Apple announced that there is a problem with some hard shell cases which cover the back of the phone. They might scratch the backside, so they are not selling them anymore.

But what cases are "dangerous"?
I've got the Speck fitted, and Im really liking it, but if it scratches the back... get outta my house!

Most cases will scratch the back so the best things to do is to buy a back protector.

The worst ones are hard plastic that is right against the glass. Dirt & dust gets between them and has a sandpaper effect.

The one that is dangerous to use (apple pulled it from their store), is the one that came in 2 pieces. You slide one piece in from one end, and then slide the second piece in from the other end. I forgot what the name of this case is.

The one that is dangerous to use (apple pulled it from their store), is the one that came in 2 pieces. You slide one piece in from one end, and then slide the second piece in from the other end. I forgot what the name of this case is.

Well the speck fitted does come in 2 pieces :O But you dont slide anything...

My case works well as there's a leather skin inside the case which is designed to provide double protection!! You could look for such cases as well! I'd like to share with you the website i bought from where is KitTube.com

Last edited: