What's new

help picking case for firefighter

egobuster1

Reaction score
alright guys i have the Verizon iPhone 4 and i am i a firefighter and i need a very protective case that ether when responding to calls wont allow my phone to get hurt or when responding to fires i can toss into my boot and if i miss my boot and it hits the floor wont damage the phone

i have a otter-box defender which isn't a bad case but it sucks to use if your not using the belt clip and just sticking it in your pocket and i normally always have my phone in my pocket and cant have it on my belt clip on a run anyways..

just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for protective cases that will fit nicely in your pocket.

Several of our guys use the otterbox, but I find it too bulky. I landed on the Lifeproof case and really like it. Great protection and completely waterproof. Spendy, but not compared to a new phone ;-).

alright guys i have the Verizon iPhone 4 and i am i a firefighter and i need a very protective case that ether when responding to calls wont allow my phone to get hurt or when responding to fires i can toss into my boot and if i miss my boot and it hits the floor wont damage the phone

i have a otter-box defender which isn't a bad case but it sucks to use if your not using the belt clip and just sticking it in your pocket and i normally always have my phone in my pocket and cant have it on my belt clip on a run anyways..

just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for protective cases that will fit nicely in your pocket.

Lifeproof's line of cases may interest you. They're waterproof, and shockproof. You can check out their website for more info.

You can also use our search function to find our huge lifeproof thread to read user feedback from our posters. :)!

Lifeproof

so it seems that the lifeproof case is the choice by many for protection

so it seems that the lifeproof case is the choice by many for protection

Well for me it's the Otterbox Defender, but you've wrote that off due to the bulk factor. :)!

I've heard really good things about the lifeproof case, although I have no hands on experience with the case itself.

yeah i have a defender and its just not going to work, the more i think the lifeproof case might be the best bet because there is always a possibilty that i will become soaking wet with my phone in my pocket

yeah i have a defender and its just not going to work, the more i think the lifeproof case might be the best bet because there is always a possibilty that i will become soaking wet with my phone in my pocket

Good deal. :)!
That link I posted is the official site. So you can check out all the specs and options from there!

@Rosco

Do not hi-jack this thread. I've deleted your post.

Start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Thank you.

Firefighter here with the lifproof case. Tested and passed all tests. Had it in my pocket on a fire and on the beltclip on a fire all withstood just fine. Was fuuny to see the reaction when we were cleanig up afterwords and I used the hose to wash off the phone :). Otterbox is just not that good. Lifeproof you will not regret it.

yeah more and more i think about it the lifeproof is the perfect case for a firefighter as we are constantly getting wet and i never really thought about it till someone suggested the lifeproof case

The lifeproof case sounds good, but i think the price is too expensive! Why not buy a Waterproof Case Bag for you iPhone 4, it can protect your iPhone from water too, more important is the price is much cheaper than the life proof case!

Because you have to take the phone out of the bag to use it.

Life proof case is great quality and phone protection is worth it given what these phones cost to replace with no upgrade available.

If a such iPhone case has Civilians Price , it will be more perfect.

yeah the lifeproof case is the perfect case for really anyone if you think about it not just for firefighters