What's new

Mobile Rings Whilst on Do Not Disturb

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I always put my phone on do not disturb (the little moon symbol) before going to bed at night and before lying down for a nap in the afternoon. Today, despite it being on do not disturb, two phone calls rang in within half an hour of one another.

After the first call rang in, I checked to be sure it was set to do not disturb, and it was so set. So, I turned off the mobile and turned it on again. It was still set on do not disturb. A few minutes later, another phone call rang in. I was so annoyed because I was unable to fall back asleep. I did not recognise either of the numbers if that is significant at all.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? What do I do to correct it?? Never had this problem before since I have owned this mobile.

Thanks!

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
P.S. I just belled my 5s from another phone. The 5s was still on do not disturb, but the phone rang anyway. I guess until I can figure out why this is happening, I will have to turn my phone completely off before going to bed. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When selecting Do Not Disturb, have you selected Always under Silence? Also, is the Repeated Calls switch on? If it is a second call from the same person within three minutes will not be silenced.

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Hi scifan57. I do not see anything that says "Always under Silence." I just see a little moon shape. I always used to just touch the moon shape to put it on Do Not Disturb or to take it off of Do Not Disturb. It is just a little icon you can see if you brush up the screen from the bottom. I do not know anything about a "Repeated Calls" switch. Never heard of that before. The two calls came from two different numbers more than 3 minutes apart (I think). I did not specifically time it.

I like to be able to check my phone during the night if I awaken, but I will turn it off completely if this is going to happen. I have a difficult time getting to sleep as it is. If I am awakened, it is really difficult to go back to sleep. My phone never did this before--ever. I can only surmise this has something to do with one the OS updates(?).

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Okay, I just found the Silence section in settings. "While iPhone is Locked" was checked. I checked "Always." Will this fix the problem??

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Well, I just tested. The settings says "Always." I put it on Do Not Disturb and belled myself from another number, and my 5s rang, so it is not fixed. :(

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I found the "Repeated Calls" thing and turned it off, and then I belled myself again, and the call still came through. This was quite awhile after the first try. I have no idea why it is doing this. In all the time I have owned this phone, it has never done this before.

OP
HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Tried it, and it worked! Thank you! What I do not understand is why anything changed, why any of my old settings changed, unless it had something to do with an OS update. What a relief, though, not to have to power down my phone just to be able to rest undisturbed. Thank you scifan57!.

Now, can anyone tell me why after I turn off the Bluetooth icon, it turns itself back on the next day? My battery keeps running down even though the phone is not being using. Then, I noticed the Bluetooth icon was on. I do not use any Bluetooth products (not even sure what they are). I turn it off, and the next day it is on again. How do I make it stay off?

carolineM

Reaction score
You need to turn BlueTooth off under the main Settings for it to stay off.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried it, and it worked! Thank you! What I do not understand is why anything changed, why any of my old settings changed, unless it had something to do with an OS update. What a relief, though, not to have to power down my phone just to be able to rest undisturbed. Thank you scifan57!.

Now, can anyone tell me why after I turn off the Bluetooth icon, it turns itself back on the next day? My battery keeps running down even though the phone is not being using. Then, I noticed the Bluetooth icon was on. I do not use any Bluetooth products (not even sure what they are). I turn it off, and the next day it is on again. How do I make it stay off?
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Most reactions

Latest posts