What's new

Lost IPhone 4- want to recover!!! $100 cash reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they turn it off then any tracking apps wont work. All someone has to do is keep it turned off throw away the sim then restore it first chance they get.

I dont know about America, I'm sure they will have somthing similar to the UK, the phone, if reported stolen, can still be blocked by it's IMEI no. making it useless to anyone...
+1
There is an IMEI number on your phone. You can call Apple or ATT to find out (if you still have the invoice). Ask ATT to block it for you to at least render it useless.

Unfortunately, once they remove your sim it's no longer "your phone" and AT&T cannot do anything to stop them from using it with a sim on their account.

That's not the case here in the uk. Even with the sim removed they can still block the phone by using the IMEI...

+1
There is an IMEI number on your phone. You can call Apple or ATT to find out (if you still have the invoice). Ask ATT to block it for you to at least render it useless.

Unfortunately, once they remove your sim it's no longer "your phone" and AT&T cannot do anything to stop them from using it with a sim on their account.

That's not the case here in the uk. Even with the sim removed they can still block the phone by using the IMEI...

My understanding is that IMEI is part of the phone which has nothing to do with the SIM. A few years back, when I signed up with Rogers here in Canada, I was asked to provide IMEI of my phone (an unlocked phone), and it was explained to me that IMEI is used to trace a phone in case it is lost. My guess is that if you had purchased the phone from ATT, they will have a record of the IMEI that belongs to your account, and should have nothing to do with the SIM.

Hi,

i have recently lost my iphone on Mar, 04,2012 in club. is there anyway we can get it back. i called at t and apple and not of much use, since i dont have findmyiphone app not installed on my phone. i file a report at police too...if anyone have any idea how to recover, please let me know. i would appreciate your help. Thanks. Raj

My understanding is that IMEI is part of the phone which has nothing to do with the SIM. A few years back, when I signed up with Rogers here in Canada, I was asked to provide IMEI of my phone (an unlocked phone), and it was explained to me that IMEI is used to trace a phone in case it is lost. My guess is that if you had purchased the phone from ATT, they will have a record of the IMEI that belongs to your account, and should have nothing to do with the SIM.

Hi,

i have recently lost my iphone on Mar, 04,2012 in club. is there anyway we can get it back. i called at t and apple and not of much use, since i dont have findmyiphone app not installed on my phone. i file a report at police too...if anyone have any idea how to recover, please let me know. i would appreciate your help. Thanks. Raj

No, there is nothing you can do. You should always make a habit of installing Find My iPhone right when you get a new iPhone. That is the only way you can track an iPhone without having the service provider attempt to track it for you.

No, there is nothing you can do. You should always make a habit of installing Find My iPhone right when you get a new iPhone. That is the only way you can track an iPhone without having the service provider attempt to track it for you.
+1... and we'll go ahead and close this thread since it's over a year old and hijacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.