What's new

Iphone 4s and 5.1.1 = Phone utopia and I don't want to change...

mike1244

Reaction score
Hey guys,
After watching my 3gs go from a perfect phone to a lethargic piece of crap after multiple "updates", I find myself in a conundrum with my current setup.

4s, jailbroken on 5.1.1, sitting in a lifeproof case.

This phone is absolutely PERFECT right now. It never crashes, never hangs, never lags, and I am 100% content with what the phone offers and the apps I'm running.

So my problem is that I do not want apple forcing me to upgrade, nor do I think I will find anything so important in new phones over the next few years that will encourage me to jump back into the new phone game.

So can I just stay old school with 5.1.1? Get some software to backup the phone exactly the way it is in case I ever need to do a restore and pretend I never see an update again?

In order to always fall back on iOS 5.1.1.... you'll need SHSH's for that iOS version saved somewhere. Open Cydia & see what iOS versions are listed atop the Home page.

So how long can i stay with 6.1.2 jailbroken ?

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

You're never forced to upgrade on a jailbroken device if you don't want to. It's a personal choice. An iOS' jailbreak is viable as long as the tweaks and apps support it on Cydia as well as the apps from the AppStore. I still run 5.1.1 on one of my 4S's, my iPod Touches and my iPad 3.

Thanks for the info guys. Can someone paint it a little simpler for me... Does this mean I don't need to do any special backups now and can simply continue backing up to itunes and then rely upon redsnow if I ever have my phone die or replace it with another 4s?

Thanks for the info guys. Can someone paint it a little simpler for me... Does this mean I don't need to do any special backups now and can simply continue backing up to itunes and then rely upon redsnow if I ever have my phone die or replace it with another 4s?

You cant backup via itunes they will force you to upgrade os and lose jailbreak
Just delete what you need to delete and you'll be fine

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Yes, that is correct. You can make your regular backups in iTunes. Just ensure you NEVER accept the prompts to upgrade (you can turn that off) and you'll be fine.

Marilyn