What's new

Recovering Lost iPhone 4 Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarecroW

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new here, and i have a question.
first of all, you'd have to excuse me for any poor English you might run into. i'm not an english speaker.

as for my question (which i'm pretty sure i already know the answer for)...

i'm a proud owner of an iPhone 4 (jailbreaked 4.3.3) :p, and i often plug it to my DELL laptop for syncing and backing up music and personal info (contacts, pics, messages etc...) via iTunes.
yesteday a friend of mine plugged his iPhone to my laptop. he probably wasn't aware of what he's doing, and start syncing his iPhone with my iTunes profile.
as a result, you may already guessed, he lost his entire personal info, and his iPhone became a "replica" of mine.
now... as i said, i think i know the answer to this question, but i want to make sure before jumping to conclusions.
is there any way he can recover his lost data?
and before you'll ask: he never synced his iPhone with any other iTunes, and therefore, making no chance of finding an iTunes with his own profile/backup.

any thought or idea would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.

As long as you have all the files on the computer that are on you're iphone then you should be fine you can just remove his backup of the iphone and restore to a backup of you're own iphone

hi Unleashed.

i didn't quite understand what you were saying (or maybe i should've mention it before):
when he plugged his iphone, he didn't open a new profile on iTunes, so iTunes "thought" it deals with my iphone. so it copied my data files to his iphone.

are you saying there's a way to retrieve his data files from my iTunes even though he didn't open a new profile and used mine?

Regards.

I think what unleaded was trying to say is if your iTunes backed up his phone before it synced all our data on to it then you should be able to restore his phone from that backup.

Plug his phone back into your iTunes then right click it from the left hand menu and choose restore from backup. You will get an option asking which backup you wish to choose. Unfortunately now that his phone will have the same name as yours, there is no easy way to tell which backup is which unless you can remember the rough time/date he synced his phone.

Even if you do have a backup for his phone he will still have lost all his apps and music. He can download his apps again for free and get his music back by syncing (and backing up! ;)) his phone with his own iTunes library...

hi gaz6076.

he's less concerned about his music (that he can be easily get back) or apps (he didn't have too much apps on it). the big problem is his contacts and pics.
anyway, thank you both for the useful tip.
i'll try to find the exact restore point. :)

Yep look for the latest backup in your iTunes, more than likely his phone was backup before it was sync with your info.

how to recover iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3, iPad, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5 after jailbraking update to iOS 6

Many iphone ipad ipod uses like to upgrade iOS 6 operating system,because this operating system is the world's most advanced and wonderful mobile operating system,the Elegant and intuitive interface,Amazing features and built-in apps,iOS 6 is the top mobile operating system in the world.Many Apples fans upgrade iOS 6 system,but there is a problem, a lot of people lost their value/important data after upgrade iOS 6,they need to recover iphone ipad ipod lost data. Is there any way to recover iphone ipad ipod lost data? ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!***

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have the babit to backup your iPhone data, backup to iCloud or backup to computer.

If you have synced your iPhone 4s to iTunes on a computer before and have not synced it after you lost all your data, you can get them back. But iTunes can't help. You need to get a third party iPhone data recovery software like iTunes Data Recovery, which helped you recover lost data on iPhone 4s after accidental restore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.