What's new

Listening to music through my iPhone in the car

Tricon7 said:
And just for clarification, I could also listen to Pandora from my iPhone over an FM transmitter? And does it have to "connect" to my existing stereo through a cassette player/deck? Or can they also connect via, say, a cigarette lighter?

I don't think it can connect via a cigarette lighter, but I would try any way. Ya never know. I have never heard of that tho.

And yeah, you can use a cassette tape. Jut get one of those $5 cassette tapes with the headphone jack cord on it...I used that for a while,...and it worked well.

Also I recommend you get a mount to put your iPhone on. Don't need it...but makes it easier to control your device. Just sayin'.lol.

Yes about the cigarette lighter thing. My Griffen fm transmitter plugged into the "cigarette lighter."
Go buy yourself a $15 fm transmitter from radio shack. No need for the incredibly antique cassette tape and cord... Just tune your station to an empty frequency and it connects to your pandora streaming iPhone and plays thru the car speakers... Plus you get hands free phone operation...

Or get one on eBay for about $3... Lol

Last edited:
OJsakila said:
Yes about the cigarette lighter thing. My Griffen fm transmitter plugged into the "cigarette lighter."
Go buy yourself a $15 fm transmitter from radio shack. No need for the incredibly antique cassette tape and cord... Just tune your station to an empty frequency and it connects to your pandora streaming iPhone and plays thru the car speakers... Plus you get hands free phone operation...

Or get one on eBay for about $3... Lol

Oh I see. I thought you were talking about plugging a cord into the cig lighter that plugs into the phone.

The FM transmitter I have didn't plug into my car at all. I just stuck it in my headphone jack, chose a station, then chose the same station on my stereo, then it my music through that.

Some operate off the phones juice. Some have a connection for their own power. Some have batteries. The one that runs off the phone is nice but just make sure you can charge the phone in the car then!! Either way, it's tough to circumnavigate the confounded wire!!

OJsakila said:
Some operate off the phones juice. Some have a connection for their own power. Some have batteries. The one that runs off the phone is nice but just make sure you can charge the phone in the car then!! Either way, it's tough to circumnavigate the confounded wire!!

The one I had, had its own batteries.