What's new

Do you use your iPhone in your car?

Rocko

Reaction score
I have heard some people hear a whine or a noise while listening to music while plugging their iPhone into their AUX input on their car. Does anyone here have that experience?

I have heard some people hear a whine or a noise while listening to music while plugging their iPhone into their AUX input on their car. Does anyone here have that experience?

OK Rocko, speak. Why would anyone want to use their iPhone (I assume then using the iPhone head buds) to listen to audio that is already available from the car's speakers??? I'm serious.

Note to self: maybe you need to get out more...?

EWyatt said:
OK Rocko, speak. Why would anyone want to use their iPhone (I assume then using the iPhone head buds) to listen to audio that is already available from the car's speakers??? I'm serious.

He means he has a two headed AUX cable so he can play his iPod music through his car stereo via the AUX port on his car stereo. :)!

Rocko said:

Yes I used to experience this myself sometimes and it's due to engine noise/electronics interfering. I purchased a different cable and it fixed the issue.

The cable was a monster cable btw! :)! Works like a charm!

Huh? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rocko said:

He didn't understand the original post. Some people actually listen to music from their iPhone in the car. I do it all the time. No harm in it. Pandora is a plus but the most is when I cruise listening to WPGC.

I have a Parrot MKI9200 and when I play music through it, either plugged in or Bluetooth, it sounds great, no whining etc. :)

I use my iP4 via bluetooth although my after market radio has an ipad/pod connector.

No need to faff about with cables, i have a slide in to connect windscreen mount.

In the UK we ate getting a lot more pirate radio stations, these knock out the main channels.

So i use the excellent tunein app, and also satnav voice instructions on my sound system. I can also listen to my own local radio station from anywhere.

It do drop out to buffer, but at least when it has signal which is most the time i can listen far better.

I use my iPhone all the time in the car with an AUX cable too, and the only time i used to get that whiny noise is when I have it plugged into both the aux and also the car charger

TSTO said:
I use my iPhone all the time in the car with an AUX cable too, and the only time i used to get that whiny noise is when I have it plugged into both the aux and also the car charger

Get yourself an 'inline suppressor' from most motor spares outlets, fit it as close to the cigar socket as possible.

The only time I hear unwanted noise is while plugging the cable into my iPhone or iPod. Sounds like a whine sometimes as I bring the cable near the iPhone or iPod. But once plugged in, no problem.

Just a thought but have any of you guys thought about checking the earth connections on your cars? Corrosion etc can reduce the earth points efficiency, so cleaning them up wire brush etc can help or fitting an aftermarket earth kit to your engine bay...

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Just a thought but have any of you guys thought about checking the earth connections on your cars? Corrosion etc can reduce the earth points efficiency, so cleaning them up wire brush etc can help or fitting an aftermarket earth kit to your engine bay...

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Please explain what earth points are.

My car is new, with about 1,300 miles on it. Is this something I have to worry about?

I have a Parrot MKI9200 and when I play music through it, either plugged in direct with full control from a second LCD or Bluetooth, it sounds great, no whining etc.