What's new

accesory error...

iphonefreakazoid

Reaction score
hello everyone, here's the problem i'm having:
I have in my car and aux in so, I bought a dual 3.5 headphone cable to use my iPhone 4 in the car for music, one end to the car aux in and the other to the headphone jack on the phone, now, all of a sudden and error pops up and it says: "this accessory is not optimized for this iPhone you may experience noise caused by cellular interference and a decreased cellular signal strength", now every time I'm listening to music or playing an app with sound and the error comes up the sound goes and it doesn't come back....does anyone has this problem???

I bought the Griffin PowerJolt for my Iphone 4, and am having a problem.

After I plug it in error pops up and says: "this accessory is not optimized for this iPhone you may experience noise caused by cellular interference and a decreased cellular signal strength". Everythings seems to work great, except now, every time I'm listening to music or playing an app with sound and the error comes up, the sound goes away and it doesn't come back....

Also, when it's plugged in, it cuts off all the sound to my Tom Tom navigation app!! I can't stand this. Along with the ipod music from playing out of the iphone4 speaker. Please help!

this happens to me sometimes but all i do is reboot my phone and it usually works after that.

Apple change the charging system November 2009. Many accessories have issues like that with both iPhone 3 and iPhone 4 plus iPod touches and iPod nanos that were purchased after that date so it is just a thought that your accessory is the older type and causes errors.

I use in my Mazda3 the full parrot 9200 system using both direct music only or Bluetooth using gps, music, movies, and podcasts and game apps from my iphone3 and iPhone 4 (my partners). The audio from the radio and or iPhones go softer when gps announces turnes I use gps apps on the iPhone. I agree this is a more expensive solution however it is a complete integrated hands free system that works great. I can plug other brand mobiles into it and if I really want to a USB hard drive.
So in summary finding the right charger Bluetooth solution for your car and or direct connect can be tricky
Hope this of some help.

Last edited:
Try cleaning the contacts of your phone and dock very carefully with a cotton bud and methylated spirits or equivalent. There have been times I've been using my 3GS with the USB cable that came with the phone and got a charging error. It's ridiculous and shouldn't be a problem with such an expensive piece of kit, but what are you going to do.

Hmm, still having this issue after rebooting and my iphone 4 is pretty darn new. Haven't tried cleaning the contacts since it's so new...

Hmm, still having this issue after rebooting and my iphone 4 is pretty darn new. Haven't tried cleaning the contacts since it's so new...

You should consider getting a better charger. If it happens when you use it it's obviously not supplying the correct voltage to your phone.