What's new

Do you use your iPhone in your car?

XML said:
Please explain what earth points are.

My car is new, with about 1,300 miles on it. Is this something I have to worry about?

No, the body if the car acts as the negative cable to the battery and referred to as 'ground'. to power something like a radio all that is needed is one side if the device to be 'grounded' and supplied with a fused positive from the battery.

Certain devices like spot lamps pull heavy current, with introduction of plastics in place id steel, cars have various ground points for good negative connection to the chassis and body.

These ground points can corrode or become or left loose, and cause high resistance, and in turn may cause issues with RFI screening and result in you hearing the whine from the alternator, fuel pump motor, wind screen wipers or the spark plugs over the audio, but i think that us enough info for now - NOW WAKE UP AT THE BACK!!! :).

if you are getting noise/static thru the aux connection then you need to get a better cable. in my car i have the ipod connection cable which allows the car to play vidoes and music from my ipod or what ever has the ipod connection. but for my iphone i connect it thru bluetooth to my car and the audio streams thru the car speakers and i am able to hear the person talk when i answer a call thru my car.

Its the ground on the cigarette lighter sending interference. Little trick is sticking a magnet on the lighter. Dont know why it works but it does.

if you are getting noise/static thru the aux connection then you need to get a better cable. in my car i have the ipod connection cable which allows the car to play vidoes and music from my ipod or what ever has the ipod connection. but for my iphone i connect it thru bluetooth to my car and the audio streams thru the car speakers and i am able to hear the person talk when i answer a call thru my car.

While it's true that sometimes inexpensive cables are the culprit, with the 4S there are many cases where high end cables still yeild noise, yet the noise is not present in the same care with a different Apple device-iPod, 3G, etc.

Sounds like a bad ground or something somewhere creating electrical noise.

I have heard some people hear a whine or a noise while listening to music while plugging their iPhone into their AUX input on their car. Does anyone here have that experience?

I am using a bluetooth device and it works like a charm.

Please do not post external links. Read our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post external links. Read our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Line out is always best. Nice find.

That won't work though if you want to charge the phone while listening.

Yes, in the passenger's seat!! ;).

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

same problem. this problem will not solve with an excellent cable.
i think this is bug.
plus,i recommend that you move iphone 4s volume controller up and down when plugged in AUX.
so you can hear an whine and noise at specific section near the high.
my iphone 4s have this problem. but not my iphone4.
you don't feel this problem with earphone well.
in AUX, you can feel this problem because of amplification.

most bluetooth enabled cars only really use the drivers side speaker for safety and maybe privacy concerns?