What's new

Listening to music in car

dengirl

Reaction score
Ok I like listening to my iTunes and the other day while riding with my husband he said hey plug your iPhone into this handing me his cord the one he plugs into his iTunes music player. It was supposed to play through his stereo like his player does but it did not. He has an iTunes music player is there a different cord to buy where I can play my phone through my car radio? I have s4 thanks.

choPppps said:
Was your volume turned up on your iPhone?

Yes we could hear it from the phone. Just not through stereo or speakers

well i know that best buy sells a adapter u plug the apple usb cord into then into the power outlet thing in ur car and it tells u to put it on radio station and gives u the station number then through that station u hear your music hope this helps lol

appleiphonepro said:
well i know that best buy sells a adapter u plug the apple usb cord into then into the power outlet thing in ur car and it tells u to put it on radio station and gives u the station number then through that station u hear your music hope this helps lol

I can listen to my iTunes music on my phone through our radio speakers that way ?

Mattmilw said:
Are you using a case? Some cases don't allow the plugs to seat properly. Just a thought.

My head phones work when I'm just randomly listening to my iTunes on phone but when I put his cord that he uses does not. Is this even an option does any one listen to there iTunes on iPhone through car stereo?

If it is an aux line in, then it should work. Can you find out exactly what the input is that your husband is using.

Are you using a case? Some cases don't allow the plugs to seat properly. Just a thought.

+1

If you have an axillary port in your car, it will work. I would bet you haven't seated the cord well enough. It's a simple $5 axillary cord you plug in the mic port on your phone. If you don't have an axillary port in your car, you can use the cassette tape adapter. It works great for me.

When I use my auxiliary cord I have to turn my stereo up to 50 to even hear anything. I had the same problem with my HTC evo and used a equalizer from power amp

Has to trim 2mm off my plug to hifi lead, my case slightly interfered with the plug..

tintbob said:
Has to trim 2mm off my plug to hifi lead, my case slightly interfered with the plug..

Today in the car I tried the cord again and as I looked closely it is not in all the way and does not fit. It went as far as it could but my protector case evidently is stopping it from going in al the way. Guess I should have looked more closely. My husband said he is going to trim the cord so it will fit. Thanks for all the input and I'm glad I know how to fix it now. Sorry I didn't notice the reason before.

Guess I should have looked more closely. My husband said he is going to trim the cord so it will fit. Thanks for all the input and I'm glad I know how to fix it now. Sorry I didn't notice the reason before.

You don't have to apologise, this drove me mad...... It was a post on my Facebook page with someone suggesting the solution ....... Maybe it's a case (lol) of old
Eyes not quite seeing :)

Yes music can be heard by inserting the cord in the handset of your Iphone. Just check whether the MP3 Player on you Iphone was turned on or off....