What's new

Just started Jailbreaking again, need help!

Beryllium

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Recently my friend gave me his iPhone 4, because my phone broke and sadly it was Sim-locked. The phone currently has ios 5.1 with the baseband 1.59.00.
When i tried putting it in pwn dfu mode and then restoring through iTunes I get the error 3194. I already tried changing the host files. Also tried it on multiple PCs. The gs.apple.com link shows an apple homepage not the cydia one.
Anyway that i can update to ios 5.1.1, as this FW has an untethered JB.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Edit:
It is Jailbroken now and i ran ultrasnow. Just getting the error sim failure and then at the top it is written invalid sim.

Last edited:
Hey guys!
Recently my friend gave me his iPhone 4, because my phone broke and sadly it was Sim-locked. The phone currently has ios 5.1 with the baseband 1.59.00.
When i tried putting it in pwn dfu mode and then restoring through iTunes I get the error 3194. I already tried changing the host files. Also tried it on multiple PCs. The gs.apple.com link shows an apple homepage not the cydia one.
Anyway that i can update to ios 5.1.1, as this FW has an untethered JB.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Edit:
It is Jailbroken now and i ran ultrasnow. Just getting the error sim failure and then at the top it is written invalid sim.

Might be a baseband problem. Check what your current baseband is

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You'd need to get the PUK from your friend who has to get it from the carrier I believe in order to unlock it. Even with UltraSn0w, you can't bypass a SIM lock.

Mhh really that's weird. I always thought Ultrasn0w unlocks the sim lock. At least that worked for me, when i was using the iPhone.
And is it possible to update to 5.1.1 to have the untethered Jailbreak?

Mhh really that's weird. I always thought Ultrasn0w unlocks the sim lock. At least that worked for me, when i was using the iPhone.
And is it possible to update to 5.1.1 to have the untethered Jailbreak?

You'd need to have the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 saved in order to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 since he signing window has closed.

well that sucks...
Do u think i should update to ios 6.0.1 and update the baseband and try the unlock again?

well that sucks...
Do u think i should update to ios 6.0.1 and update the baseband and try the unlock again?

UltraSn0w for the iPhone 4 is very limited since it ONLY supports baseband 01.59.00. You can try to preserve the baseband at 01.59.00, and upgrade your iOS to iOS 6.0.1 and unlock using UltraSn0w then use the UltraSn0w fixer.

1.59.00 is the Golden baseband to be on for an iPhone4 and want to software unlock....always try to preserve when upgrading..or downgrading...

ok thanks I will create a custom IPSW with redsnow and then restore it. Then try ultrasn0w. That should work or?

ok thanks I will create a custom IPSW with redsnow and then restore it. Then try ultrasn0w. That should work or?

Unless you have saved SHSH blobs for 5.1.1...if not..... your only choice is to restore to 6.0.1 but make sure you preserve the baseband...

Yeah sadly during that time the iPhone was tucked away ^^

Yeah sadly during that time the iPhone was tucked away ^^

Preserve the baseband, upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 and get the tethered jailbreak, the unlock it using UltraSn0w and UltraSn0w fixer

ok id did it using the redsnow baseband no upgrade thing and know its in recovery mode. They said i should just go into dfu mode and jailbreak it, but it is always stuck in recovery mode and i cant get it to dfu mode

ok id did it using the redsnow baseband no upgrade thing and know its in recovery mode. They said i should just go into dfu mode and jailbreak it, but it is always stuck in recovery mode and i cant get it to dfu mode

Plug it in in recovery mode. And perform the procedures to put it into DFU. If you're not going into DFU, then there's something wrong.