What's new

jailbroken iphone 4

gza1105

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I really need your help! I just got an iphone 4 and I jailbroke it... I thought I was not gonna have any issues since I have jailbroken ipod touch before (it was a while back tho) but now Im a little worried.

I have been reading about how jailbreak can affect your basebands and I didn't know that.. I read how people with Iphone 3gs had an issue when trying to upgrade to newer firmware due to this issue.. and now Im a little bit worried.. I dont want my iphone 4 get stuck later on when I try to upgrade... would you mind letting me know if I will have problems with my iphone later on? I have an iphone 4 from At&t I have firmware 4.3.3 (8j2) and Baseband 04.10.01 ... my iphone is now jailbroken.. so will I have issues when trying to upgrade to the OS5 when it is officially release? will my iphone get stuck? thanks everyone

No no you will not have any trouble to upgrade your iOS when the iOS comes out.

Thanks for your answer... Im kind of a newbie on this matter.. would you mind explaining to me why the jailbreak affected the 3gs baseband and not the Iphone 4? ive been trying to find info on google but I just cant understand!.. Thanks in advance

Thanks for your answer... Im kind of a newbie on this matter.. would you mind explaining to me why the jailbreak affected the 3gs baseband and not the Iphone 4? ive been trying to find info on google but I just cant understand!.. Thanks in advance

Jailbreak never affected any iPhone baseband. Unlock tools maybe, not jailbreak. In order to unlock, you have to jailbreak, but at this time, there is only 1baseband which is supported by the pop unlock tool ultrasnow for the iPhone 4. Here is a screeshoot for better understanding of why people why to change their baseband to match ultrasnow.
7b7972b2-4c6e-92cf.jpg
not like you though, it's the iPhone 4 which is having major issue with unlocking and basebanding since only one baseband 01.59 is supported at the moment.

OH so its not actually the jailbreak.. its the unlocking which messes it up!.. so im fine as long as I dont try to unlock it right? Thank you so much for taking the time explaining that to me.. I appreciate it!

Jailbreak never affected any iPhone baseband. Unlock tools maybe, not jailbreak. In order to unlock, you have to jailbreak, but at this time, there is only 1baseband which is supported by the pop unlock tool ultrasnow for the iPhone 4. Here is a screeshoot for better understanding of why people why to change their baseband to match ultrasnow.
7b7972b2-4c6e-92cf.jpg
not like you though, it's the iPhone 4 which is having major issue with unlocking and basebanding since only one baseband 01.59 is supported at the moment.

Yes, as long as you will stay away of unlocking, you have no problem. You can upgrade your iOS then jailbreak and no problem.

Yes, as long as you will stay away of unlocking, you have no problem. You can upgrade your iOS then jailbreak and no problem.

well i just got my self an iPhone 4 and my carrier won't work unless it's unlocked.. i bought the gevey thingi but i hate it that i must go over some steps every time my sim goes offline.. when is the iphone 4 unlock probably coming out? my baseband is 04. tried to upgrade it to 06. but failed lol...
how can i JB it though? normally like my old 3GS ?