What's new

iphone 4 jailbroken and ios 5

nicki248

Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions, first I have an iphone 4 with 4.2.8 and firmware 1.0.06 and my phone is jailbroken. In a few days, if I understand it right, we be able to upgrade to the ios 5. Can someone tell me what I need to do. Do I reset my iphone back to when I got it, or what. I am not good with this stuff, so please someone lead me thru. Dont want to mess my iphone up. Can you tell me when the upgrade will come to our iphones. Thanks for the help.

1.0.06 is not a firwmare so I'm not sure where you are getting that number from. 4.2.8 is the firmware you are on. When iOS5 is released all you need to do to update is hit "Update" in iTunes. It will be released on Wednesday. Keep in mind that there won't be an untethered jailbreak for a while after it's released though so if you want an untethered jailbreak I would stay on 4.2.8 until one for iOS5 is released.

Last edited:
thanks for the information, that 1.0.6 was the modem firmware, I keep getting a message on my iphone that says "carrier settings update, New settings are available for your iphone" Do I need to do this update? Thanks

Has anybody tried jail breaking the IOS5 beta? : )

its my understand that there is a teathered jailbreak for iOS 5.