What's new

Jailbroke 4s battery life adfected

golfinglenn

Reaction score
Jailbroke yesterday and battery life has taken a huge hit. After just 4 hours today of light use I am down to 60%. Anyone else notice this. Would using themes affect it that much?

Thanks.

Glenn

golfinglenn said:
Jailbroke yesterday and battery life has taken a huge hit. After just 4 hours today of light use I am down to 60%. Anyone else notice this. Would using themes affect it that much?

Thanks.

Glenn

Hi
Actually battery life is a lot better if you turn off 3G in SBSettings. Your case might depend also on what tweaks and such you installed. Make sure you got no programs running in the background that might drain your battery.

And might wanna install WeeBackgroundKiller to notification center. So that you can just tap it and it ends all processes running in background.
Another trick is to go to Location Services-system services o the very bottom and disable everything but the first two.

And disable location services alltogether until you need to use them.

But from what i have seen, people's battery has been better since the 3G toggle.

I have gone into sbs settings and added the 3G toggle to notification area, but the toggle doesn't show up so can't turn 3G off. Is this a Verizon thing???

Yes, it's a Verizon thing. If you toggle 3G off you won't have anything to fall back on.

Weekillerbackground crashed my system and sent it into safe mode. Tried it twice with same result.

Even though crashed it was still in my notifications and now in my dropdown and working.

golfinglenn said:
Even though crashed it was still in my notifications and now in my dropdown and working.

If you have issues, try respringing (from SBSettings) or hard reset (powering off the phone by holding down the homeower buttons at the same time until the phone is off and back on).

Also, make sure whatever you install is compatible with ios 5

My battery life has taken the plunge as well after jail breaking it. It was already mediocre to begin with but now its draining faster than before. Im new to ios ive always had blackberrys or androids. So this jail break was very new to me i only did it so i can tether and do minor cosmetic interface themes and lock screens. I havent downloaded much but ive done all tips and tricks for the setting and turning features off to try and help but havent helped much on battery life. Ive restored and rejailbroken. Same thing crappy battery life anyone help!!! So new to this jail breaking and ios!

I changed my theme and battery seems much better. Not sure how to use themes completely. On of the themes I downloaded had like 8 different parts so I checked them all lol. Might have been part of my battery issue.

Im trying to fig out how to retain better battery life. Like i said ive tried almost everything and i dont wanna restore and go back to stock ios. I need tethering as much as my battery life