What's new

Bad Battery life help

mpossoff

Reaction score
Since I've gotten new replacement and jailbroke with jbme.com I've been getting bad battery life. I'm down to 42% with 2 hours 47 minute usage/4 hours 16 minute standby.

Does this have to do with software? When I had my 4.2.1 device jb'ed with greenpoison I was getting significantly better battery life.

What can I do?

Couple solutions...try letting the battery drain 100% and leave the phone drained while you sleep at night. Then plug it in and charge 100%. I've heard this helps with improving battery life as it sort of "restarts" the battery. If worse come to worse...reset phone to factory settings and take it to apple and have them test it, they can tell you if its faulty or not.

Yea I would suggest following Bigolegianthead"s idea. Your battery just cannot be functioning correctly..

I get the best life out of my battery than any phone I've ever owned. The beauty of this battery is not necessarily stand by time but endurance. I routinely have 75% juice left after listening to music for over six hours in the blazing 100+ degree Savannah heat. several calls, google searches, and whatnot tossed in as well.

I keep myWifi off, bluetooth off, and only manually update email.

Absolutely! the JB will void the warranty otherwise.

yup.... their response will be your battery life is suffering because of the JB. Which we all know is false because i get 2 days out of a single charge and im jailbroken and use my phone ALOT...

Hey I think there is some problem with your battery.... I think you should change it....