What's new

Jailbreakme.com not working solution

iLos

Reaction score
For anyone out there who is not able to re-jailbreak. You need to restore your iPhone to factory and BEFORE you restore your settings, e.i. apps, contacts, etc. jailbreak again. After you jailbreak, sync your phone to a past backup. What happens is jailbreakme.com thinks you already have the JB if you don't follow the above steps and therefore all you get is Safari shuts down and nothings else happens. Hope this helps somebody out there.:iphone4vert:

Thanks for the heads up iLos!

I am trying to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com right now. I am doing it as it is said above, just after restoring to factory settings on iOS 4.0.1, and before actually restoring my settings from my last backup.

I am worried because after I slide to the right to start the jailbreak process, my screen remains with the background picture of the web page, and I get no progress bar or indicator that the page is downloading anything. I have to say though, that I am using a slow internet connection, so the jailbreak might be actually doing something in the background, but I am not sure. Could me slow connection have something to do with this? If so, then I guess is safe to sit and wait patiently, but I am also worried that if I let my iphone screen to go to sleep, does this interrupts the background process of safari and the jailbreak?

Thanks in advance for any response.

I am trying to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com right now. I am doing it as it is said above, just after restoring to factory settings on iOS 4.0.1, and before actually restoring my settings from my last backup.

I am worried because after I slide to the right to start the jailbreak process, my screen remains with the background picture of the web page, and I get no progress bar or indicator that the page is downloading anything. I have to say though, that I am using a slow internet connection, so the jailbreak might be actually doing something in the background, but I am not sure. Could me slow connection have something to do with this? If so, then I guess is safe to sit and wait patiently, but I am also worried that if I let my iphone screen to go to sleep, does this interrupts the background process of safari and the jailbreak?

Thanks in advance for any response.
It seems like the problem you are having is being caused by your slow internet connection, but I am not 100% sure on that one. It could also be that somehow safari is still letting jailbreakme.com know that you have been there already. When I took the steps above and ran the jailbreak again, it was pretty quick. What I would probably do in your case would be to run the restore again. After you do that, open safari and check your cache to be sure it is clean. Hope this helps.