What's new

Having troubles using Evasion jailbreak program?

notsotechy

Reaction score
Evasion is a popular jailbreak tool. Works really good, but for me, it automatically shuts itself down RIGHT before the jailbreaking is complete. The message says, "Modifying Roots," than shuts itself down. When I turn on my iPod Touch 5G, I do see the Evasion7 app, but nothing comes out of it when I turn it on. I believe it's supposed to turn into Cydia, or gets deleted and then Cydia installs or something? Not sure. I've tried every little troubleshoot, nothing works. I've tried doing the jailbreak at least 8-10 times now. Used different computer, different USB, nothing seems to budge.

Except one thing..which is kinda making me itch.

The solution, after everything else that didn't work, is to do a Full Backup of my iPod Touch 5G data using iTunes, and then do Full Restore. THEN, download the Jailbreak and it should complete successfully. After Cydia is installed, go back to iTunes and Restore Backup, and everything should be exactly the way it was. cool and all...but when I do the Backup, which really takes for me about 30 seconds...does everything get backed up? Photos, apps, music, movies, contacts...will they all get backed up? Someone help me out! I'd really appreciate it, thanks guys.

the jailbreak is 1.0.6 for iOS 7.0.6

Modifying rootfs crash is only applicable to OTA updated devices. A fresh DFU restore will resolve it.

If it takes 30 seconds, it depends on what you have on your device. Apps, music and movies are not backed up for copyright/DMCA/piracy reasons. Only notes, messages, some application data, settings preferences, logins, etc, are backed up. Rip them off of the device using something like either iExplorer or iBackupBot, then sync them over again later

Will DFU erase all the data on my iPod Touch?

Yes. Any type of restore will wipe your device. Backup your device prior to restoring always, and always make a habit of periodically backing up your device even if you're not planning on restoring anytime soon.