What's new

Jailbreak?

benna12

Reaction score
I have been trying to decide if I should Jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4. I have never done anything like this to any of my prior phones.

What are the advantages to Jailbreaking?

What about the downside? Does it void any warranty? What about Square Trade insurance? I am trying to see if it is something worth doing.

Is it also stable? Can any other issues arise?

Thanks in advance....

Ben

I have been trying to decide if I should Jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4. I have never done anything like this to any of my prior phones.

What are the advantages to Jailbreaking?

What about the downside? Does it void any warranty? What about Square Trade insurance? I am trying to see if it is something worth doing.

Is it also stable? Can any other issues arise?

Thanks in advance....

Ben

Issues can ALWAYS arise, just remember that. Having said that, I jailbroke my ViPhone, and love it. It voids your warranty yes, but only if you're dumb enough to take them back a jailbroken phone lol

But I love jailbreak, especially tethered. You can do so much to it jailbroken. YouTube some videos of jailbreak to see some features and tweaks, study up on how to do it right, and I say go for it. You will love it.

I say...no way to maximize the potential of your iPhone without jailbreaking. Besides, once you jailbreak, it opens a whole new world and community up.

Are there a lot of instances of the phone bricking?

What would be some of your must have jailbroken apps? I know of some....Springboard, Barrel, Infiniboard, MyWi, Installous, etc....

Not really. Hasn't bricked on me yet and I've been jailbroken for about 5 months.
Some apps I think that are must haves are:
Sb settings
Winterboard
Quick SMS
Multifl0w
My3G
Mywi
Among many others.
If you search this forum you'll find a whole new world of apps :)

Thanks for the info, I think I am gonna do it tonight....