What's new

Jailbreak for 4.2.7

Just go back to 4.2.6 guys till there is a jb out for 4.2.7! using other methods dont work, so stop trying!!!! lol

I'd love to but I fear I can't as I don't believe cydia backed up my blobs and I wasn't familiar with tiny umbrella before I updated. I will wait it out until it's done right if that's my only option. Didn't know if there was another way to downgrade to 4.6 is all.

Just go back to 4.2.6 guys till there is a jb out for 4.2.7! using other methods dont work, so stop trying!!!! lol

I'd love to but I fear I can't as I don't believe cydia backed up my blobs and I wasn't familiar with tiny umbrella before I updated. I will wait it out until it's done right if that's my only option. Didn't know if there was another way to downgrade to 4.6 is all.

Yeah, if you didn't save shsh for 4.2.6 i also think that there is no way for you to downgrade from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6
you might not believe in cydia backing your up blods, but u should believe in tinyU, in most of the cases, it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you didn't save shsh for 4.2.6 i also think that there is no way for you to downgrade from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6
you might not believe in cydia backing your up blods, but u should believe in tinyU, in most of the cases, it works very well.

I definitely plan on using tinyU this time around. Thanks.

when there is an un tethered jb we will most likely post a tutorial... but for now there is tethered for those who dont mind it

I recently just upgrade to 4.2.7 and now my phone is tethered jb using redsn0w 0.9.6rc14.. it works perfectly fine for me but im still waiting for greenp0ison to release jb for 4.2.7..

Steps to jb using redsn0w:
First: download redsn0w 0.9.6rc14
2nd: download IPSW 4.2.6 (have to use IPSW 4.2.6 on 4.2.7 to make it work)
3rd: open redsn0w and browse for IPSW 4.2.6
4th: follow all the instructions, then just check "install cydia" .. let it finish and reboot
5th: turn off the phone again and plug it on pc
6th: run redsn0w again and browse for IPSW 4.2.6
7th: follow all the instructions again but this time just check "boot tether".. let it finish and your done.. phone is jb

Remember this is tethered jb, everytime your phone got turn off just follow the instructions from step 6 to 7 only to get it working again..
hope this helps you guys cuz it surely did on me :)

bhabe3gurl said:
I recently just upgrade to 4.2.7 and now my phone is tethered jb using redsn0w 0.9.6rc14.. it works perfectly fine for me but im still waiting for greenp0ison to release jb for 4.2.7..

Steps to jb using redsn0w:
First: download redsn0w 0.9.6rc14
2nd: download IPSW 4.2.6 (have to use IPSW 4.2.6 on 4.2.7 to make it work)
3rd: open redsn0w and browse for IPSW 4.2.6
4th: follow all the instructions, then just check "install cydia" .. let it finish and reboot
5th: turn off the phone again and plug it on pc
6th: run redsn0w again and browse for IPSW 4.2.6
7th: follow all the instructions again but this time just check "boot tether".. let it finish and your done.. phone is jb

Remember this is tethered jb, everytime your phone got turn off just follow the instructions from step 6 to 7 only to get it working again..
hope this helps you guys cuz it surely did on me :)

I tried all that minus the use of 4.2.6 ipsw file... Was not working... Will try this when I get to the shop. Thanks for being more detailed than most!

I'm leery of tethered as I know I will require a reboot when I'm away from my machine. I will wait patiently....

untethered jb came out.. if you already tethered break using redsnow apps all you have to do is go to cydia tap "manage", tap "sources", tap "edit", tap "add", type Cydia.pushfix.info then tap "done" tap on "pushfix.info" and tap "verizon untether for 4.2.7 reboot and your untether jb

If I am not tethered jb do I have to do the tether jb to get the untethered one? Using a Mac
Thanks for the help much appreciated

untethered jb came out.. if you already tethered break using redsnow apps all you have to do is go to cydia tap "manage", tap "sources", tap "edit", tap "add", type Cydia.pushfix.info then tap "done" tap on "pushfix.info" and tap "verizon untether for 4.2.7 reboot and your untether jb

i know i'm new here, but has anyone verified this? is there a link/reference? also, it says redsn0w tethered jb. what about greenpois0n?

Ok guys. 4.2.7 can be jailbroken with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze. Sn0wbreeze is a custom firmware making program. Nothing else is needed after you make the firmware, it's untethered. If you jailbreak with redsn0w you can do this, but you need to add the link above in cydia and download the verizon untether. So it's up to you, either method will get you to untether. The same people who made sn0wbreeze also made the cydia download.

This method wont work if we are running untethered 4.2.6? Used greenpoison