What's new

Going back to 4.2.6 from 4.2.7

I've looked around and couldn't find this anywhere. In Cydia, it says my device "is in the pending TSS queue. What does that mean?

Cydia's shsh saving feature is down due to server problems... And 4.2.6 is no longer being signed by apple, if you didn't back up your blobs then you're screwed but 4.2.7 is jailbreakable it's tethered though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Download 4.2.6 ISPW and restore ur phone but shift and restore and it will let u browse files to istall4.2.6.

Please clarify the shift restore part, am I correct in thinking I press the SHIFT key and click restore and I will get the ability to browse??

If your shsh blos weren't saved then you cant downgrade... They stopped signing for 4.2.6

will54880 said:
Please clarify the shift restore part, am I correct in thinking I press the SHIFT key and click restore and I will get the ability to browse??

I'm new to all this JB stuff and am still debating JBing my phone. I've updated to 4.2.7 so I'm going to wait until a JB has been out for a while before I try it. One question, what does tethered mean in reference to a JB?

will54880 said:

I'm new to all this JB stuff and am still debating JBing my phone. I've updated to 4.2.7 so I'm going to wait until a JB has been out for a while before I try it. One question, what does tethered mean in reference to a JB?

It means when you want to turn your phone on you have to plug it into your computer so you can bootstrap a modified iboot.

So if your out one day and your phone shuts off you'll have to wait until you get home to turn it back on.

jeffv2 said:
If your shsh blos weren't saved then you cant downgrade... They stopped signing for 4.2.6

Yup, saved them using tiny umbrella. I'll do some searching for the next steps. Thanks!!

jeffv2 said:

Yup, saved them using tiny umbrella. I'll do some searching for the next steps. Thanks!!

That's quite lucky, I had just flashed 4.2.6 a few nights ago and apple signed for me to flash it, then 2 hours later when I decided to use tinyumbrella it said they stopped signing for 4.2.6 :/

So, if TinyUmbrella shows a saved SHSH of 4.2.6 for my iphone4cdma, how do I access it and return to 4.2.6? I'm not finding much useful information *that I can understand*, anywhere.