What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

you cant if you have the latest baseband...

but may i suggest you take note of this and in the future buy an unlocked iphone or one thats locked to a carrier you plan to use, because then you wont be stuck relying on unlock tools just to save a few bucks..

but may i suggest you take note of this and in the future buy an unlocked iphone or one thats locked to a carrier you plan to use, because then you wont be stuck relying on unlock tools just to save a few bucks..

A few bucks....

You can get a locked phone here for $200, while an unlocked one is around $800. $600 dollars is not a few bucks to most people I know.

I got my iPhone 4 as a gift at the beginning of October factory loaded with 4.1 and I'm on T-mobile (grandfathered unlimited calls, unlimted text, and unlimited internet for $40 so I'm not switching to ATT). Hopefully 2.10.04 will be unlocked soon. My poor iPhone has been living in the box for far too long.

A few bucks....

You can get a locked phone here for $200, while an unlocked one is around $800. $600 dollars is not a few bucks to most people I know.

I got my iPhone 4 as a gift at the beginning of October factory loaded with 4.1 and I'm on T-mobile (grandfathered unlimited calls, unlimted text, and unlimited internet for $40 so I'm not switching to ATT). Hopefully 2.10.04 will be unlocked soon. My poor iPhone has been living in the box for far too long.

yes i agree its a big difference, but now your left with an ipod touch and having to rely on devs and not upgrading baseband and going through all of this hassle.. in the end its not worth the money you save... thats just my opinion

hi to all ,to stop my utter frustration my iphone 4 is currently running modem firmware 03.10.01 and version 4.2.1........can this be jailbroken yet?

Showing IPhone ignorance and will be a new user next week. What exactly does this mean?

I've returned from Japan after living there for nearly two years. While I was out there I had a iphone 4 on contract with Softbank. Before I left I paid Softbank about 40,000 yen to close te contract. I thought i'd be able to unlock the iphone when I got home and use it with one of the UK carriers.

4.1 (8B117)
Modem Firmware 02.10.04

After trying to unlock it and failing I read the the threads on here and was very disappointed.

So just to clarify things, I can jailbreak my iphone 4, which I have, but I can't unlock it, right?

I've paid that Japanese phone company about $450 for an ipod, right?

Dont worry unlock will be here soon, need to wait for maximum two weeks, minimum tomorrow, so you dont have to worry, i am waiting for a month and checking every possible update from the dev team, sherif hashim who is baseband hacker said that it will be before 16th of January

Last edited:
Dont worry unlock will be here soon, need to wait for maximum two weeks, minimum tomorrow, so you dont have to worry, i am waiting for a month and checking every possible update from the dev team, sherif hashim who is baseband hacker said that it will be before 16th of January

glad to know, keep us informed, have been waiting since Nov last year

I jailbroke my phone but now I am looking to unlock it. My phone came with OS4.1 and basebad 02.10.04.
Like I said its already jailbroken I am now looking to unlock it. IS THIS POSSIBLE AT THIS POINT.

hi you say that an iphone with 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04 is jailbroken and unlocked. the reason I ask because mine is and when I tried using the phone in Europe after putting in a sim card all calls failed can you help.