What's new

jailbreak and unlock 3gs 05.13.04

Connect your iPhone. Open RedSn0w, go to Extras > Select IPSW, and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your particular iPhone. Then go back, THEN hit the jailbreak button. Once you're at the screen with a items and checkboxes, check both "Install Cydia" and "Deactivate". That will give you Cydia, where you can get UltraSn0w, and Deactivate will let you bypass the need for a SIM temporarily, giving you access to Cydia so that you can get UltraSn0w.

Isn't your iPhone jailbroken already? By going through the process of RedSn0w and selecting "Install Cydia", you've jailbroken your device. And if you reinstall Cydia, you can either brick your device, or you can cause a wipe of everything on your device. If it isn't jailbroken already, tick BOTH "Install Cydia" and "Deactivate". Make sure you select the IPSW in Extras > Select IPSW before clicking the jailbreak button for a flawless jailbreak

NO you can't re-run the jailbreak on an ALREADY jailbroken iDevice..to try and reinstall CYDIA..... redsn0w does not allow it.... RE-INSTALLING Cydia at any stage will NOT "Brick" your iDevice...

thanks for all the help guys. just finished getting all my settings and apps back to the way they used to be. now the main reason for me upgrading.. XBOX SMARTGLASS! gonna try it out now. once again, THANKS! :) i wouldnt have been able to do it without your help.

edit: and from what i learned ill see if i can help other people on these forums in similar situations

Last edited: