What's new

iTUNES cannot detect iphone

maomao107

Reaction score
iTunes cannot detech my iphone. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall, still doens't work. I plugged off cables and still does not work.
But then, my PC can detect my iphone camera and scan pictures to my pc....

PLEASE HELPPP!!!

maomao107 said:
iTunes cannot detech my iphone. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall, still doens't work. I plugged off cables and still does not work.
But then, my PC can detect my iphone camera and scan pictures to my pc....

PLEASE HELPPP!!!

Try recovery mode first

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes

2. Plug your USB cable into your computer.

3. Turn your iPhone off by holding the power button down until you see “slide to power off”. Do as instructed.

4. Now press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device.

5. Continue holding the Home button, you will see the Apple logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button.

If this doesn't work try this
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Thank you!
Actually, before I had been stucked in recovery mode for a long time (bcos I got errors like 10XX, 3194...etc.) and had to bring it to the repair store to fix it...
What happened was my phone is unlocked but I accidently press "update software" on itunes..
So now if I do this recovery mode thing now, will i be back to getting those errors? and my iphone will be stuck in recovery mode again?

maomao107 said:
Thank you!
Actually, before I had been stucked in recovery mode for a long time (bcos I got errors like 10XX, 3194...etc.) and had to bring it to the repair store to fix it...
What happened was my phone is unlocked but I accidently press "update software" on itunes..
So now if I do this recovery mode thing now, will i be back to getting those errors? and my iphone will be stuck in recovery mode again?

The only thing these methods do is help iTunes detect your iPhone. That's all they are for!

Is this called the dfu mode?
If I go back to this mode, will I be stuck in the recovery mode forever again? The screen with the usb connecting to something....

maomao107 said:
Is this called the dfu mode?
If I go back to this mode, will I be stuck in the recovery mode forever again? The screen with the usb connecting to something....

No DFU mode is a blank screen. There's a little bit of backlight. Read that thread. It'll tell you all you need to know!

Thank you!

Dfu mode will make it show on iTunes and will have to be restored to factory settings an will me most up to date firmware which currently cannot be unlocked unless you get a gevey sim card to unlOck it.

Should never update or restore a jailbroken/ unlocked phone without researching how to do it for the version you have first. As it can start the loops

Which if the OP was software unlocked and they accidentally updated their software it might already be too late. It depends on what baseband the OP is on and if the update changed that baseband to one that can't be unlocked.

What baseband are you on right now?

So the instruction on post #2 is not the dfu mode?
If I follow all those steps, will everything be ok...itunes will detect my phone and i won't be stuck in that recovery mode thing with the usb image on the screen??

THANKS AGAIN! I know nothing about technology...

maomao107 said:
So the instruction on post #2 is not the dfu mode?
If I follow all those steps, will everything be ok...itunes will detect my phone and i won't be stuck in that recovery mode thing with the usb image on the screen??

THANKS AGAIN! I know nothing about technology...

Well since redsparrow brought it up and you never mentioned it... Are you jailbroken? If so, you more than likely lost it after the software update correct? Lastly, was you factory unlocked or did you have a software unlock?

O my goodness, you guys just totally lose me....
I don't know if I am jailbroken or not...
but i know i m on unlocked, the phone originally is with a carrier that is different from mine.
i got it unlock at a repair place about a month ago.

yes, after pressing "update software" on itunes (which was a month ago), then i was stuck in recovery for 2 weeks, getting different kind of errors, b4 i went to get it fixed at a repair shop

maomao107 said:
O my goodness, you guys just totally lose me....
I don't know if I am jailbroken or not...
but i know i m on unlocked, the phone originally is with a carrier that is different from mine.
i got it unlock at a repair place about a month ago.

yes, after pressing "update software" on itunes (which was a month ago), then i was stuck in recovery for 2 weeks, getting different kind of errors, b4 i went to get it fixed at a repair shop

Well you don't have a factory unlocked phone then, unless apple or your carrier did the unlock. It's more than likely software unlocked with a gevey ultra sim. I'm moving this thread so it'll get better attention/ better assistance.

*Thread moved to iPhone Unlocking*

Last edited: