What's new

Itunes Problem With My Iphone

bolinao

Reaction score
I have to keep reinstalling Itunes for it to recognize my I products,every few days i go to connect my iphone 3gs,Iphone 4s or my ipad 1 to my pc which is running windows 7 64 bit and they are not detected, so i uninstall itunes,the reinstall itunes and then my I products are then detected... i can then do things.

But a few days later the same thing happens,i have had to do this about 8 times so far.. why is this happening and how can i get in tunes to detect my iphones and ipad without reinstalling itunes..thanks

100 views and no one can suggest how to fix ??

This might seem like a strange suggestion; however, if you are already using iTunes version 10.5 64-bit, try using the 32-bit version instead. It should install on your Win 7 64 machine and may resolve the issue. I've had to dump 64-bit versions of a small number of apps since switching to Win 7 64 because the 32-bit versions appear to be more stable. That being said, if you are not already using the 64-bit version of iTunes, try loading that version. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply,but when i try and install Itunes 32-bit,it tells me i need to install 64-bit. I cant install 32-bit version.
Im not sure how you have managed to install 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine ??

Actually, I was referring to 32-bit apps in general and I only suggested trying the 32-bit version because I have had issues with a small number of 64-bit apps on Win 7 64; using the 32-bit versions of those apps has solved some problems. I have not as yet tried to install/use the 32-bit version of iTunes with Win 7 64. It appears then that the iTunes installer won't allow the crossover. So the only option I can think of to install 32-bit iTunes on Win 7 64 would be to install via XP mode (Download Windows XP Mode) on your PC. But this is only an option if you have the professional, enterprise, or ultimate versions of Win 7. If you don't have one of those versions, then I am not sure what to tell you.

The only other thing I can think of trying would be to make sure to do an uninstall of iTunes and not a repair install. Then after the uninstall, re-install iTunes. I am sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck.

I think the problem was virus related,i done a virus scan and had several viruses,once i deleted them itunes is now working the way it is suppose to...