What's new

Is my phone unlocked?

tsinkit

Reaction score
Hello

I originally got my iphone from o2 when it was released. since then i had problems with sound when rec videos. Went to the apple store and they replaced my phone with a new one. Does this mean my iphone4 is unlocked or is it still locked?

Don't have a friend who's got an iphone4 and on another network to test it so any info on this would be grateful as i would like to use a Hong Kong sim whilst im on holiday there next month.

More than likely it's locked to O2. You can always call and ask sometimes they will give you the unlock code to use another sim. But then again they may say no they just want you using their network...

how do they lock it? i got a new one from apple...... i would have presumed it was unlocked as it would need to be able to accept any sim......

Interesting!!!!!!!

yeah... i hate them for not letting me unlock it. off on holiday in 3 weeks time and really really wanted to keep using the phone whilst i was there =(

yeah... i hate them for not letting me unlock it. off on holiday in 3 weeks time and really really wanted to keep using the phone whilst i was there =(

thats why i wanted it sim free....

but you can use your current sim abroad just you will be charged more.

how do they lock it? i got a new one from apple...... i would have presumed it was unlocked as it would need to be able to accept any sim......

Interesting!!!!!!!

from apple its sim free. uk right? but you just pay a few hundred more

my old iphone4(bought from o2 store) had problems rec sound when i rec videos.... so went to apple store and they replaced it with a new one......

With the phone replaced by apple at the apple shop i dont know is my phone is locked anymore.....

it cost money to get a sim to test it out here in UK >_<

I'll look into it tho.....

i got my o2 one free, i got another voda one free. i saw a pound store selling them for £1 also

yep got vodafone. there sending me a sim.

will need to cut it to size to fit when it arrives =p

yup :) tkes two seconds then you will see if it is unlocked. or ring o2 customer support they can tell you

Found a HK sim....... doesnt work >_< Its Locked!!!!! ARGH!!!!!