What's new

My iPhone 3GS has so many problems and I need help solving them!

John300895

Reaction score
Here is the list of problems:
1. iPhone stuck on the Apple Boot Logo.
2. It isn't being recognized by iTunes.
3. The On/Off button doesn't work.
4. The Wi-Fi doesn't work (it was greyed out when the phone was actually working)
5. I can't restore the phone as it is locked to O2 network I think and I don't have a O2 SIM (Im on 3 and it has some app installed through Cydia which unlocks it which was on when i bought the phone)

Here is the details of Phone:
iPhone 3GS
I think it was on iOS 5.0.1 but I'm not certain.

I'm not a Apple genius so please don't be too techy.

It would cost too much to repair an iPhone 3GS unless you are doing it yourself. And since you said you aren't too techy I presume you would end up paying someone or a repair place in which it would be cheaper to buy a new 3GS or simply buy an iPhone 4,4s, or 5

You can unlock it fairly easily, so that's not a problem for most 3GS users. The Sleep/Power button is easily replaced. Or, if you have the proper screwdriver, you can fix it yourself really, but others will charge you something like $10-15 in the US to get it replaced/fixed.

As for the stuck on Apple boot logo, iTunes not recognizing the iPhone and Wi-Fi not working, that should be fairly easily remedied once we find out what the problem is. See if you can find the Apple driver for the iPhone under device manager. For Vista and 7, you can just type in device manager at the Start search bar.

You can unlock it fairly easily, so that's not a problem for most 3GS users. The Sleep/Power button is easily replaced. Or, if you have the proper screwdriver, you can fix it yourself really, but others will charge you something like $10-15 in the US to get it replaced/fixed.

As for the stuck on Apple boot logo, iTunes not recognizing the iPhone and Wi-Fi not working, that should be fairly easily remedied once we find out what the problem is. See if you can find the Apple driver for the iPhone under device manager. For Vista and 7, you can just type in device manager at the Start search bar.

The driver should be on the computer as it has been recognized before?

Also the phone got stuck on the apple boot logo when the phone ran out of battery and when I started charging it again.

Also if this problem can't be fixed will I be able to sell the phone? And if I can how much should I sell it for?

(sorry for the reply spams)

Ok I just let the battery run out and then charged it again after doing this 3 times it now works again so stuck on apple boot logo is resolved but still those other problems need addressing.

No. I mean if you see it active on your device manager. Otherwise, it'll be hidden on your device manager. If your computer recognizes your iPhone correclty, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (USB Controllers), you should see Apple Mobile Device Manager. When the iPhone is unplugged, you shouldn't see it on the list.