What's new

Is it worth upgrading from a Iphone 4 to a 4s??

Short answer! NO! design is the same and although it does have some nice features I do not think it is a big enough change. I'll keep my iPhone 4 as it has been kind to me.

Completely agree. I decided to go get an iPad 2 after I heard the disappointing news that there won't be a "5".
My i4 works perfectly well and will get me through till the next big release from apple.

Smart idea getting Ip2 instead of new phone. If I didn't sell my ip4 I would wait. I am a camera buff so the new camera is then real draw for me. The new OS will be good for us all. I love love my iPad.

Completely agree. I decided to go get an iPad 2 after I heard the disappointing news that there won't be a "5".
My i4 works perfectly well and will get me through till the next big release from apple.

My iPad 2 is being delivered today. Glad I decided to get that instead. I love my iPhone 4 & have no problems with it. I will upgrade to the iPhone 5 as long as the design is different & better than the iPhone4 & 4S. Personally, my iPhone 4 is fast enough & the battery life isn't bad IMO, so no need to upgrade right now.

Last edited:
I'll be staying with my iPhone 4 for awhile. I don't use the full capacity of what I have now. Adding more speed and features won't help me. :)

Upgrading as soon as iPhone 4s is available in my region, no comment on it.

Im glad I got the SGS2.

Lets see $199 for the phone built in 16G another $216 for a sandisk 64G microSDXC do the math $415 for 80G.

All I can say is apple will have some catching up to do especially after google drops ice cream sandwich. The task/mem manager is been revamped and its more on par with apple as far as battery life. Got to see it on a motorola xoom tablet and I cant wait for the final release.

And a dual core gpu is alright but androids have had dual gpus from very early on they now come with quad cores.

Basicly it will come down to what OS you prefer I like to be able to customize my phone to the max for what I use it for, so android is for me. Give me root!!!

I bought a Droid Bionic yesterday and, will probably sell my Iphone 4. The Iphone 4S is a nice upgrade but, I probably won't get another Iphone until the Iphone 5. One of the things I like about Apple is almost everyone with earlier Iphones will be able to download IOS5. This is a big reason I would have not upgraded even if I kept my Iphone. The other features are really nice but, not enough for me to upgrade. The Iphone 4 was actually fast enough for me but, I really wanted a bigger screen and 4G. I still have my Ipad 2 - which I love - so at least I'll be able to play with IOS5 soon.

Wait two weeks before selling your iPhone unless you are seriously in need of cash. Because after you have played with Android you may find it isn't all that great. Especially once you see the battery life with LTE enabled.

After doing some digging on the status of LTE & its timeline on coming down the pike to AT&T (my carrier) plus that of its coming to the iPhone, I decided it's better to wait for the next iPhone (very likely to have the LTE chip) to come out, as this wait will not be as long as that of a renewed 2-year contract.

Wait two weeks before selling your iPhone unless you are seriously in need of cash. Because after you have played with Android you may find it isn't all that great. Especially once you see the battery life with LTE enabled.

I know all about Android and, never thought it was that bad. In fact my first smartphone of that type was the Nexus One. The battery life on Iphones and Ipads have always been superior to Android phones, whether LTE is enabled or not. I just get what I like and, don't get caught up too much in the IOS Vs. Android thing. Both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages, it just depends on what the individual wants. I can get through the whole day on the Bionic, especially since I have the car dock charger.

I think by upgrading to the iPhone 4S will be a good thing, as I currently own the 3GS, I have already pre ordered mine, and really excited on getting my 4S soon after 14th, as I was originally upgrading to iPhone 4, but with the announcement of the 4S it makes sense to go for this phone, what with the new processor, better camera, more memory, faster wireless as it has got N rather then B/G, this is only just a few of the new features, so unless you really have the need to upgrade then by all means Yes go for it :)

Last edited:
I think it's worth it, I realized because I bought my iPhone 4 less then 2weeks ago and Verizon is letting me make an even trade for the 4s both 32gb, so I'm extremely PUMPED FOR THE NEW ONE lol even tho I've got no problem at all with mine, except it's missing an extra core, hahah and the other small goodies, I'm simply pumped

apple addict, gotta love it

Ultimately, if you're not under contract, and you don't plan on changing your carrier in the next 12 months, I think the iPhone 4S looks to be a great phone.

I'm extremely happy to see the introduction of Siri. It is, by far, the single biggest reason that I am upgrading. With the work I do, I am constantly in the need for setting up quick to-dos and notes. I was genuinely considering an Android phone because of this feature, but I did not want to go down that road.

The improved camera and processor are also big benefits IMO.

Am I disappointed in what was announced? In hindsight, not really. While I would have liked to see the introduction of LTE, it would only have impacted me in potentially leaving AT&T for Verizon (because it would finally provide for simultaneous voice and data on VZW). But the speed of LTE was not a selling point for me. With these garbage limited data plans on the carriers, what benefit is there to blowing out my data cap even faster? Plus LTE is a known battery hog. No one has tamed that issue yet, so really, what's the point? Bigger screen? Don't want it. NFC? It will take YEARS for widespread adoption of the technology.

All of these phones are incremental. I think the only one that was a big jump, relatively speaking was from the original iPhone (EDGE based) to iPhone 3G. So iPhone 5 will be a decent bump from the iPhone 4, but I just don't see it being an enormous game changer.

If Siri doesn't excite; if the better camera (low-light sensitivity, 1080p video) is just nice and nothing more; if mirroring your iPhone 4S to your TV via an Apple TV2 isn't interesting, then skip it. Upgrading to iOS5 should be a pretty nice bump. Otherwise, enjoy the new phone. Don't worry about what gets introduced next year. Use that attitude and you'll always be waiting for the next big thing.

EDIT: Something that I had forgotten, but needs to be pointed out.... I would be far less interested in the 4S if I were on Verizon and had an iPhone 4. At least with the AT&T iPhone 4S, we'll see a (potential) speed increase. Verizon users would have the exact same network speeds as the iPhone 4. As much as a get frustrated, along with everyone else, at the dropped calls on AT&T (which are not as bad as they used to be), I couldn't give up the simultaneous voice and date feature and faster overall speeds.

Last edited:
Dread said:
You get the speech thing with iso 5 so next time your trying to make a point use right information and quit trying to be smart cause your obviously not if you haven't even done your homework on this yet you have pre ordered. Have a nice day ;)

Lmao...I have to stand up for skull one on this one. The voice thing will not be on iOS 5 for older devices. So I guess you're getting a f on this homework assignment. Lol. Siri is strictly a 4s feature.

Messa thinks some posts are missing from this thread....