What's new

iPhone 4S Wifi Hardware Upgrade?

AGENT_P6

Reaction score
I'm debating whether to upgrade to the 4S or just wait it out till the iPhone 5 comes out. I do a LOT of wireless tethering from my iPhone 4 and basically I'm wondering if anyone knows if the 4S is supposed to have any better wifi hardware compared to the iPhone 4 in regards to my personal hotspot. Since I'm not overly tech savvy this may be a dumb question, but I wonder if the faster CPU of the 4S will affect the speed/stability of the wifi hotspot? Any thoughts?

Edit: Just to clarify, what I'm concerned with is if the iPhone 4S will give me better speed/ping and more stability as a hotspot. I know my network plays a huge part in that, but I have no control over their speed and stability, however, I could have the ability to get a better hotspot if the 4S has better specs for that...hope that makes sense

Play COD zombies on PS3? Add AGENT_P6

Last edited:
Just bought a 4S. Can't get the wifi tehtering to work at all. There seems to be a particular problem with the 4S, apple forums full of reports of users having major issues with wifi connection. I'm guessing the hotspot problem is related.

My mothers 4s never tethers correctly, except in the apple store itself. And no, it will not make a speed difference, just a ping difference. Maybe get it and try it and if tethering works well for you, keep it, and if it doesn't, swap it out for the 4.