What's new

Is it worth upgrading from a Iphone 4 to a 4s??

RandyM

Reaction score
I've read a few of the blogs from the Apple event today and I'm on the fence on whether to upgrade from my Iphone 4 to a new 4s. I do like the new features the blogs spoke of but I'm just not sure if it would be worth upgrading to it.
I will mostlikely upgrade my 4 to iOS 5 a few weeks after its release on Oct. 12th.
I would like to hear what others think both pro and con to help me decide on buying a 4s or not.

RandyM

Lets see, faster GPU by 7 times. A dual core CPU so you can run the iOS in one Core while you run your active App in the other Core. A real time speech to text system and the first dual mode switching antenna system.

I will be placing my order on the 7th. No questions asked. And I got my iPhone 4 March 31st 2011.

I myself am disappointed. iOS 5 will give me many of the features I would like ( i messaging, cloud ). I'm very happy with the speed of my iPhone 4 and my camera is an excellent camera. Im sure I'll end up caving at some point but I really think the iPhone 5 is going to be a lot more of an upgrade.

Lets see, faster GPU by 7 times. A dual core CPU so you can run the iOS in one Core while you run your active App in the other Core. A real time speech to text system and the first dual mode switching antenna system.

I will be placing my order on the 7th. No questions asked. And I got my iPhone 4 March 31st 2011.
I got my galaxy s in march too,really naughty to buy another new phone but I cant help it,not my fault,I caught the apple bug so what can I do.

Sounds like some nice new features to be sure but I shall not be upgrading.

Am happy with my iPhone4 at this time.

I think i'm gonna stay with my iPhone4 for now. I will definitely be getting the "5" though. I'm happy with my iPhone4. Don't get me wrong, if someone got me a 4s as a gift, i would gladly accept it ;)

I have had my Verizon iPhone 4 since June I'm just gonna add a line I think I need to anyhow and get a 32gb

These are really great changes I agree but ,and please correct me if I'm wrong, when the iPhone 3 was the "top" phone apple rolled out the 3GS and then the 4 just months after the 3GS was released. (or so I'm told)
what happens if early next year Apple rolls out the iPhone 5 loaded with even more stuff? I wouldn't want to have to buy two phones.
Please post how well you like your 4s when you get it ok? I'm not ruling out getting one just wanted to see what everyone else felt about the new phone before getting one.
Thank you for your response

I'm not impressed with with what they will be releasing in a few days. I was expecting a newly modified version of the IPhone.

Attachments

• $image-699915433.jpg
    $image-699915433.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
I'll be upgrading to iOS 5 and waiting for the iPhone 5, there is nothing wrong with my iPhone 4...

Well today I sold my 16gig iphone4 for $400! It was in awesome shape since it was replaced by Apple several weeks ago for a faulty home button. So I am temporarily using an old Samsung pre iPhone phone. I can't wait to order my new phone Friday!
Since I have an ipad2 I can appreciate how fast the A5 processor is and look forward to having it on my phone.
I have to decide if I spend most of my money on the 32 gig or stay with the 16.
I know some are disappointed in the screen size and the same look but I love the feel of the iPhone 4 so I'll get a white one this time around and it will look brand new!!!

These are really great changes I agree but ,and please correct me if I'm wrong, when the iPhone 3 was the "top" phone apple rolled out the 3GS and then the 4 just months after the 3GS was released. (or so I'm told)
what happens if early next year Apple rolls out the iPhone 5 loaded with even more stuff? I wouldn't want to have to buy two phones.
Please post how well you like your 4s when you get it ok? I'm not ruling out getting one just wanted to see what everyone else felt about the new phone before getting one.
Thank you for your response

The iPhones were released on the following dates:
iPhone - June 29th 2007 - Upgraded to 16gb Feb 5th 2008
iPhone 3G - July 11th 2008
iPhone 3GS - June 19 2009
iPhone 4 - June 24th 2010
iPhone 4S - Oct 14th 2011

As you can see, they have been keeping nearly a yearly turn around on the baseline phone.

And if they decide to release the iPhone 5 prior to Oct 2012, I can tell you exactly what I will do. I will buy it. As a software developer I have the need to be current on the tech toys being used in business. And I can tell you with no hesitation that the iPhone rules in Fortune 500 and 1000 companies. Management, the people that make budget choices, are on iPhones. Only the underlings ever use Android. And they don't last very long on them once they start crashing on them while at work.

And I don't write very good reviews of products. But I will relay my thoughts on the iPhone 4S once I have had time to pull it apart.

Short answer! NO! design is the same and although it does have some nice features I do not think it is a big enough change. I'll keep my iPhone 4 as it has been kind to me.