What's new

To Those NOT upgrading to 4S

perezr10

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards not upgrading to the 4S, although I could change my mind later. One of the reasons I'm not upgrading is the fact that Apple left the ipod touch with the A4 and yet touted it as a premier gaming device. This leads me to believe that the vast majority of apps/games really don't need the A5. Add to that the fact that Apple is still selling the 3GS and developers who want to sell as many apps as possible will be careful not to alienate half their potential market by making their apps A5 specific.

But there is one thing that had me thinking. I was thinking if Apple had left the A4 processor and camera the same and given me a 4" Retina screen and slimmer profile I woulda been salivating over my keyboard this morning. THAT woulda gotten me real excited. I put my phone in my pocket every day but I only take pictures maybe once or twice a month. I read on my small 3.5" screen everyday, I rarely play games.

Anyone else feel the same? Is a larger screen or slimmer profile REALLY what you want?

I just upgraded both of my iPhones this past summer; the summer of 2013 will be my time. I would think by then the iPhone 5, 5X, or iPnone 6 will be available . Who knows, however for now, I am happy with what I have.

bc

I am sticking with my 4 too. And I have unlimited 3G data. So I'll wait until upgrade.

Have had my iPhone4 since october 2010 and am still quite happy.

perezr10 said:
I'm leaning towards not upgrading to the 4S, although I could change my mind later. One of the reasons I'm not upgrading is the fact that Apple left the ipod touch with the A4 and yet touted it as a premier gaming device. This leads me to believe that the vast majority of apps/games really don't need the A5. Add to that the fact that Apple is still selling the 3GS and developers who want to sell as many apps as possible will be careful not to alienate half their potential market by making their apps A5 specific.

But there is one thing that had me thinking. I was thinking if Apple had left the A4 processor and camera the same and given me a 4" Retina screen and slimmer profile I woulda been salivating over my keyboard this morning. THAT woulda gotten me real excited. I put my phone in my pocket every day but I only take pictures maybe once or twice a month. I read on my small 3.5" screen everyday, I rarely play games.

Anyone else feel the same? Is a larger screen or slimmer profile REALLY what you want?

Tbh I was decidedly unexcited by the 4$. been so mNy rumours it was going to be a '5'.

Like you I don't do wedding portraits, if I did it would be using a camera of a far higher res and far cheaper than the 4$.

Not overly bothered at being thinner as I use a Griffen case

New iOS will give me many of the new features I'd assume, so I'll wait for the 5 - next year?????