What's new

iPhone4 stuck in bootloop after trying to jailbreak 5.0.1

lilming

Reaction score
Hi, I'm on an iPhone4(GSM). I updated to 5.0.1 through itunes. Then used redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to jailbreak. Before the update, the phone was already jb 4.x. Now the phone is stuck on the bootloop. I tried jailbreaking again but the same thing happens. What can I do to fix this without restoring. I didn't make a backup and dont want to lose all my pictures. Is there anyway I can get the pictures out now before doing a restore? I cannot see it in my iTunes or in iFunbox or anything else. But sometimes I do see it in Itunes but in recovery mode and the only option is to restore the iphone. Thanks

try doing a hard reset and see if that kicks it out of the bootloop. (Hold on/off power button and home for 10 or so seconds)

I have tried that no luck. These are the 3 scenarios i see

1) I see the apple logo, then the phone restarts and I see it again. Over and over again. During this time when I plug the phone into a Mac or Windows I cant seem to find it. 2) I think I can get it to the connect to itunes screen on the iphone. When this happens iTunes on the computer shows the iphone but the only thing i can do is restore it. Any other programs cannot see it. 3) I do the pwn DFU thing and the screen is black, Same as above, itunes can only restore it, nothing else sees it

Have you already tried tiny umbrella? try it and see if it can boot up your iPhone or not.

I see it in TU. When i click on fix recovery, the phone goes white then black and shows.

Unable to find gBdevList
Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
GreenpoisOn initialized
The just sits there after a while it just goes right back to bootloop

Is there anything I can do to get the pictures out first? Or the whole harddrive. I know i can just restore everything to fix it but i would like to recover my data if possible.

Is there anything I can do to get the pictures out first? Or the whole harddrive. I know i can just restore everything to fix it but i would like to recover my data if possible.
Download and install discAid into your computer and use it to see if discAid can read you iPhone or not, if it doesn't read it then you are out of luck.

I do not see it on diskaid. I found something on ramdisk to recover data. Can that be used? The photos are still on my phone right? I just cant access it? Theres no way for me to just replicate or take a look at the hard drive on the phone?

And if the worst comes to works and I restore. Is there anyway for me to recovery pictures i.e. like when you delete pictures from a flash drive and use a tool to recover them. Though you might not get it all back, you are able to get some back.

I do not see it on diskaid. I found something on ramdisk to recover data. Can that be used? The photos are still on my phone right? I just cant access it? Theres no way for me to just replicate or take a look at the hard drive on the phone?

And if the worst comes to works and I restore. Is there anyway for me to recovery pictures i.e. like when you delete pictures from a flash drive and use a tool to recover them. Though you might not get it all back, you are able to get some back.
Unless you have made a backup of your files with iTunes, i think there is no much that you can do. If you have a recent backup file of you iPhone in iTunes, then factory restore it and then restore the backup file and all your pictures will be back.
Next time, have the habit to backup your iPhone once in a month at least, that way you are sure that if something goes wrong with your iPhone or if Apple change your iPhone because of an issue, you will be able to restore your backup file and thus you are not losing everything.