What's new

Iphone4 face-time question

Godz

Reaction score
Hi all,
gotten myself a iphone4, tried searching bout face-time with the iphone4, cant realt seem to find any info on what i'm lookin for.

What i'd like to ask is this:

Q: Dose face-time only work iphone4 to iphone4, or can it work on any mobile with video calling functions?

I hav My3G app,& hav everything enabled, tried callin face-time from iphone4 to my wifes iphone3g, & the kids mobiles as well,but dont seem to be able to get it to work.

If it's due to havin to be iphone4 to iphone4,then i see where where i'm going wrong doh lol.

Thankz & keep up the awesomeness forum;-))

Yup. FaceTime only works with other IP4's right now. Try the app fring it works with other phones as long as they have a front facing camera.

Welcome to the board by the way ;)

hi thankz for the reply

cool will look into that.
awesomeness;-))))

be sure both of you have a good internet connection

my friends 10megabit and my 24Mbps was barley enough to make the quality so-so

Am I not right in saying that facetime is only ip4 to ip4 AND only over wifi?

be sure both of you have a good internet connection

my friends 10megabit and my 24Mbps was barley enough to make the quality so-so
24meg that's awesome!!
Dude with those kinda speeds it would be perfect for me. Where are you from and who is your ISP? I live in pa and get 6 Meg download and that's pretty good(it's not 24 by any means. I wish I could get that).

Doesn't Facetime work also from IPhone 4 to IPod Touch 4, also? I am thinking about getting an IPhone and my kids have IPod Touch 4s. One of the benefits is the Facetime, but I will think harder about the Iphone if it is not going to connect with their IPods.