What's new

IPhone Unlock

ZeroXS3

Reaction score
Hey everyone i had some questions and i was wondering if you guys could help? I was thinking about buying a iphone but i want to unlock it to put it on a different company (metropcs). I am a noob at this stuff so i am sorry if this has been answered but how do you unlock it to go to (MetroPCS)? And if it has a bad esn can you still unlock it for free? Thanks for any help :)

Zero

ZeroXS3 said:
Hey everyone i had some questions and i was wondering if you guys could help? I was thinking about buying a iphone but i want to unlock it to put it on a different company (metropcs). I am a noob at this stuff so i am sorry if this has been answered but how do you unlock it to go to (MetroPCS)? And if it has a bad esn can you still unlock it for free? Thanks for any help :)

Zero

I don't believe you can use a iPhone on the metro service. I know they can flash Verizon and sprint phones but I do really think you're out of luck with this one. Unlocking refers to gsm phones not CDMA

ohh well then im not sure because i looked on google and it said that it is possible with a Verizon IPhone 4. but thank you anyways

ZeroXS3 said:
ohh well then im not sure because i looked on google and it said that it is possible with a Verizon IPhone 4. but thank you anyways

You're welcome

So does anyone else have any info?

ZeroXS3 said:
So does anyone else have any info?

I just finished reading up on it. Seems like it's possible but I couldn't tell you how to do it. I would search around google for precise instructions or call metro to see if they can get the talk and text going and I just seen that you have to set the apn for data. I'm also sure if the phone needs to be restored for any reason you'll lose that flash. So it really isn't work it.

Thank you but what is apn??? lol. Also what if it has a bad esn?

ZeroXS3 said:
Thank you but what is apn??? lol. Also what if it has a bad esn?

Access Point Name...I don't know about bad esn's. I'm sure you won't find the help here with that either. Sorry but that can mean stolen or lost