What's new

need healp unlocking & jailbreaking iphone 4s

giorgionnelo

Reaction score
hey everyone, i have iphone 4s with 5.1 software, and it is unlocked with Gevey sim, now i want to jailbreak, but can't jailbreak on 5.1, my question is if i upgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak will i keep my unlock or i'll have to buy new gevey sim?? please let me know, thank you in advance

elitegamer767 said:
You can jailbreak 5.1 you need absinthe 0.4 not 2.0 the new one unless you update to 5.1.1

incorrect. you cannot jailbreak 5.1 on a 4s at all. 0.4 is for 5.0.1. 2.0 is for 5.1.1

Back Up
Restore to 5.1.1
Jailbreak
Restore the backup. (this will not touch the jb)

h2olover1 said:
Back Up
Restore to 5.1.1
Jailbreak
Restore the backup. (this will not touch the jb)

You meant unlock right? It will not touch unlock??

giorgionnelo said:
You meant unlock right? It will not touch unlock??

if you are going to jb, this will not affect the jb. if u unlock, im not sure. i dont think it will affect the unlock

Can Someone Help me Understand the Difference between Unlocking&JailBreaking I'm so Confused My Kids keep explaining But I just don't get it lol Thank You

LaClassique said:
Can Someone Help me Understand the Difference between Unlocking&JailBreaking I'm so Confused My Kids keep explaining But I just don't get it lol Thank You

ok first please dont hijack other members threads. unlocking is using your iPhone on a different carrier. jailbreaking is allowing you to have full access to an iDevice

h2olover1 said:
ok first please dont hijack other members threads. unlocking is using your iPhone on a different carrier. jailbreaking is allowing you to have full access to an iDevice

"I have no Idea what you mean by saying "Don't Hijack other members threads." I am a new iPhone User who joined to learn things I don't understand about my device in to ask questions." Thank you for defining the difference between the two.

"I have no Idea what you mean by saying "Don't Hijack other members threads." I am a new iPhone User who joined to learn things I don't understand about my device in to ask questions." Thank you for defining the difference between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol

hijacking means totally changing the subject on another members thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol