What's new

Unlocking iphone 4 help! URGENT!!!!

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
My friend's has an iphone 4, jailbroken on 4.3.3 and unlocked with gevey sim, he wanted to do a system restore but somehow it got messed up, now he is stuck at the "connect to itunes" screen and cannot finish the restore nor use the phone at all. When he tries to upgrade, itunes would show him 4.3.5(won't work) but not 5.1.1, probably due to the jailbreak prevents itunes from showing up higher ios version.

So his question is, what would he has to do to get the phone back on running, while still being able to use the gevey sim?

Thanks!

afaik Gevey does not work with 5.1.1 especially the updated version of 5.1.1 that was recently released, I know this is not always possible but if you are able to go to the carrier its locked to and request to unlock it like you are able to in many countries it will make life so much easier for your friend

As unleashed say thats true

Mmmm try to up to date your itunes and turn his iphone to DFU mode and restore

Note :: the phone will be locked and you cant unlocked it with that sim but you can unlock with unleshed way

Forgive me gentleman, but as far as I know, Gevey will work of Iphone 4, IOS5.1.1. as long as BB 4.10.01 is preserved with custom IPSW.

Many of my friends did the new JB with Absinthe 2.0.1 , IOS 5.0.1. and use ther phones with Gevey.

Forgive me gentleman, but as far as I know, Gevey will work of Iphone 4, IOS5.1.1. as long as BB 4.10.01 is preserved with custom IPSW.

Many of my friends did the new JB with Absinthe 2.0.1 , IOS 5.0.1. and use ther phones with Gevey.

the more input the better :)

you're right though if he where to have used a method such as redsn0w,pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze to preserve the baseband it would have worked but since he said this..

he wanted to do a system restore but somehow it got messed up, now he is stuck at the "connect to itunes" screen and cannot finish the restore nor use the phone at all.

What I understood is that he has gone through the install process so he has upgraded the baseband already.. I could be wrong of course

Agreed, I hope also he didn't upgrade the BB, otherwise, bad luck.