What's new

Can iOS 4.3.5 be unlocked?

doctorworm

Reaction score
I was recently having trouble with my iPhone, it's a 3gs which I had had unlocked by someone advertising on Craigslist. A couple of weeks ago it went into DFU mode and I was getting error messages every time I tried to restore it. Unfortunately I had just moved, didn't have to the internet yet to look into it, or the technical know how. So as a result I made the mistake of taking it in to Apple and they updated me to iOS 5 which I was of course informed of afterwards can not yet be unlocked. After a lot of messing around in other forums and tutorials I managed to downgrade to 4.3.5. It won't go past the screen that allows me to make emergency calls, and iTunes says it has no SIM inserted (even though I have a Rogers sim inserted, I had it unlocked to run on Telus). My question is can 4.3.5 be unlocked? I had no idea what iOS I was running before the fiasco. Please please help me, I cannot afford a new phone.

even ios 5.0 can be unlocked if you are on the right baseband but the fact you updated officially to 5.0 means you are on the 5.0 baseband so downgrading will not help you at all, you are stuck now and no software unlock will help... not sure if even gevey sim will work now.

What carrier are you with? most will unlock the iphone now if you are with them.

no, i do not think so.Why do you go for factory unlocking instead of jailbreak unlocking.

no, i do not think so.Why do you go for factory unlocking instead of jailbreak unlocking.

Because we never see new unlocks for newer baseband and you sit there having to wait until there is a new way to preserve the baseband and unlock newer firmwares that way, maybe one day it will become easier but for me its all a waste of time and too much hassle, I would rather pay out extra £ and get an unlocked device to use any carrier