What's new

How Can I unlock my iphone on firmware 4.3.5?

daithilacha

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum...

Can you please confirm: if I have just recently purchased an Apple device (Iphone, Ipad) which is at version 4.3.5 and never had one connected to my laptop before I will have no SHSH blobs on my computer?

Because I have no SHSH blobs for earlier versions on my laptop does that mean I cannot jailbreak my Apple device because I cannot restore my phone to an earlier version regardless of what version I need to restore to? - I get error 3194 when I try the Restore process.

If I have an .ipsw file that will allow me to jailbreak my phone cannot I not just run it with redSn0w and skip the restore bit?

PLEASE HELP!!!​

Hello,

New to the forum...

Can you please confirm: if I have just recently purchased an Apple device (Iphone, Ipad) which is at version 4.3.5 and never had one connected to my laptop before I will have no SHSH blobs on my computer?

Because I have no SHSH blobs for earlier versions on my laptop does that mean I cannot jailbreak my Apple device because I cannot restore my phone to an earlier version regardless of what version I need to restore to? - I get error 3194 when I try the Restore process.

If I have an .ipsw file that will allow me to jailbreak my phone cannot I not just run it with redSn0w and skip the restore bit?

PLEASE HELP!!!​

you can jailbreak 4.3.5 but the problem with that is that it would be a "tethered" jailbreak and what this means is that you would have to re-jailbreak your device every time you restart it and if you dont re-jailbreak it then the phone will be stuck on the apple logo and will not start up and this scares new users because they end up thinking their device is broken or they have messed something up,

ios 5 is being released today and shortly after a un tethered jailbreak (not sure when exactly) but an un tethered jailbreak is the one you want and will not have to keep re jailbreaking the device(s)

some people say they will never restart and dont mind being tethered but if you decide to then we will help you do a tethered jailbreak, but I do advise against it.

I want to unlock my 4,3.3 jb iPhone 16gb and sell on eBay. With just as it is I have $360 offer. Can we get more if unlocked? And how much more?

you can jailbreak 4.3.5 but the problem with that is that it would be a "tethered" jailbreak and what this means is that you would have to re-jailbreak your device every time you restart it and if you dont re-jailbreak it then the phone will be stuck on the apple logo and will not start up and this scares new users because they end up thinking their device is broken or they have messed something up,

ios 5 is being released today and shortly after a un tethered jailbreak (not sure when exactly) but an un tethered jailbreak is the one you want and will not have to keep re jailbreaking the device(s)

some people say they will never restart and dont mind being tethered but if you decide to then we will help you do a tethered jailbreak, but I do advise against it.

Hi I have my iphone with 4.3.5 which is jail broken and tethered, yes it is a bit of a pain every time you want to restart it.
it has base band 04.10.01 can this be unlocked??

regards

Unleashed thanks for the reply.

I managed to jailbreak it in the end (tethered), I presume this can be changed to untethered if I follow the correct process for updating to iOS 5 and jailbreaking it (when the untethered version is available)?

I have read here and elsewhere that V04.10.01 modem firmware is not unlockable. However I have read that you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware) to be able to unlock your phone. Is it possible to update the firmware on my modem so I can unlock it?

Or as a very last resort is it possible to get it unlocked in an Apple store. I am very desperate to get it unlocked.

Unleashed thanks for the reply.

No problem.

I managed to jailbreak it in the end (tethered), I presume this can be changed to untethered if I follow the correct process for updating to iOS 5 and jailbreaking it (when the untethered version is available)?

yes that is correct, just upgrade to ios 5 and jailbreak... not sure how long that will take but it is possible.

I have read here and elsewhere that V04.10.01 modem firmware is not unlockable. However I have read that you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware) to be able to unlock your phone. Is it possible to update the firmware on my modem so I can unlock it?

no, there is no way to downgrade the baseband... 01.59 is for the iphone 4 and the other baseband versions you have posted are for other devices, 3G, 3GS... you can use hardware unlocks such as gevey sim if you are desperate to unlock

Or as a very last resort is it possible to get it unlocked in an Apple store. I am very desperate to get it unlocked.

no, the apple store will not unlock devices. You must go to your carrier and ask them to do it for you (and most will)