What's new

Unlock iphone 4 fido network(canadian)

skywave

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I would love some advice for unlocking my iphone.

My scenario:
I have an iphone that is locked to fido, but I am no longer on a contract with them. I have service through rogers with said iphone via a gevey sim. Unfortunately it is a knock off gevey and gives spotty service...(ie i can always make outgoing calls and texts, but randomly the phone will stop receiving calls and my texts all bottleneck. VERY FRUSTRATING!) this is what i'm trying to remedy. I went the gevey sim route because I have ios 4.3.3(jailbroken) and baseband 04.10.01 which I understood(at the time) to be un-unlockable via software methods. I am wondering if this has changed? Or can anybody shed some light on the situation and point me in a decent direction for a simple and cheap unlock? Thanks so much in advance!

update: ok so i went out and got another gevey sim... the first one i had was a gevey plus(came in a yellow package. knockoff)... i could get it to work and always had signal(had to use 112) but at a certain point i would stop being able to receive texts and calls and i would have to restart the phone(sometimes multiple times) to be able to receive calls and all my texts would come flooding in.

now... i have a gevey plus. bought it from a reputable source and the gevey chip and packaging looks exactly like the legit version... HOWEVER, I cannot get it to work... with or without furiousmod... SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING...

any ideas? please

Unless you purchased your Gevey from ApplenBerry.com (the only "reputable" source we recommend purchasing from) there's not going to be much help we can offer. Other than contacting the company your purchased from in hopes that they offer customer service. In addition, from my experience all "Gevey Plus" interposers are Gevey Knock-offs. Only "Gevey Ultra" marked chips are legit.

oh i meant to say that i now have a gevey ultra... not a plus. i had the plus and know it's a knock-off.. but i actually got it to work(although it was sporadic)

now i can't seem to get my ultra working.. :(

Did you do the initial setup? It's not just a plug and play for the Gevey Ultra like the knockoff interposers.

I did do the initial setup and then installed furiousmod, but didn't get either to work for me... After that I was just trying all these roundabout and combination methods.. I got full signal strength twice, but it soon went away and said No Sim or Invalid SIM after that...

update: still no success getting the gevey ultra to work... :(
i met up with the iphone repair/unlocker again today to test the gevey and other geveys on my phone and his... they all worked on his phone (iOS 5.1.1 forget the baseband, furious mod 5) but not on mine iOS 4.3.3 BB 04.10.01 with furious mod 4.x. I am so confused.. Should I try upgrading to 5.1.1? I would love to just stay with 4.3.3. There's no reason why it shouldn't work. Could it be the way I reinstalled 4.3.3? I used sn0wbreeze to make a cfw preserving the bb, installing cydia, hacktivating, used my 4.3.3 blobs blah blah blah

any ideas??

Buy a factory unlock. It's the simplest way to save you wasting money on interposers and gevey sims. In the long run you will save money. I mean who wants to buy a new gevey sim for every update. The costs stack up. Factory unlock is a one time fee.