What's new

4g LTE Sim Card in a Unlocked Canadian Iphone

holywack17

Reaction score
Hello,

So I live in Canada, own a 4s, and my service provider is Telus. Telus has an option to pay 50 dollars to unlock my iPhone. In about a month I am heading for a vacation for four weeks to the US. I have recently purchased a 4G LTE sim card from eBay, hoping to use it in my iPhone when I am on vacation. I know the 4s doesn't have 4g speeds, but my question is will I be able to use my iPhone (texting, data, and calling), with the 4G sim card via the prepaid option on the Verizon website ( I think its $80 for unlimited talk and text and 1 GB Data). Any insight or other/ better ideas is appreciated, I don't really care what carrier it is, I just want to be able to have data, call and texting on my 4s while I'm down there.

Thank You

Not worth it. Get Clear 4G LTE mobile hotspot for 40$ a month. Use iCall for your calls, WhatsApp for your texts, and you can go online anytime. The hotspot supports up to 6 devices at once. The mobile hotspot modem is basically the size of the old 3rd gen Nano, maybe even a bit smaller.

Go for the Verizon 50$ unlimited all. Clear's promotion ended at 10PM EST last night. Now the cost if 50$ a month and the mobile hotspot router isn't free anymore, and is another 50$. If that's the case, you might as well just get the 50$ unlimited from Verizon to save yourself some money. And on the note of whether or not you can use the 4G LTE SIM despite the 4S only supporting 3G, yes. Since the 4S only supports 3G, right off the bat it'll hook on to any 3G that it can find, ignoring the 4G and LTE since the phone can't recognize that standard.

I'm just happy because my Pilonidal cyst is finally draining, talk about painful!