What's new

Is an unlock for the 4S in development?

JooK

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if the unlock for the iPhone 4S was in development.

Just realized that rogers changed the pay as you go plans and i no longer get any anytime minutes. Been charging me quite a bit lately since call forwarding has been using minutes and i get like a dozen calls daily from randoms that i dont even know. When i don't pick up or they can't reach me it just gets forwarded to a voicemail that i don't have activated and im charged for that :/

Saw a plan on Fido that i liked and so i want to unlock my 4S which is currently locked to Rogers.

Or is there a way to deactivate call forwarding? OR does a Fido SIM work on a phone locked to rogers?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I know there isn't a software unlock out atm, but is anyone working on it? If that comes out in a month or two i'll wait for that since the gevey sim is a little pricey at $40.00.
If not i'll opt for the Gevey. Also how does it work? I just place it in my phone and the phone is unlocked. Then do i use the gevey SIM with whatever provider i want or do i still need another SIM card from my new provider?

JooK said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I know there isn't a software unlock out atm, but is anyone working on it? If that comes out in a month or two i'll wait for that since the gevey sim is a little pricey at $40.00.
If not i'll opt for the Gevey. Also how does it work? I just place it in my phone and the phone is unlocked. Then do i use the gevey SIM with whatever provider i want or do i still need another SIM card from my new provider?

From what we've heard... one of the Devs had been working on a software Unlock for the 1.0.11 BB on iOS 5.0. Just not sure if anything ever materialized from it.

Check out Applenberry.com for the exact instructions on how the Ultra S works. You'll need a Sim card for whatever carrier you're wanting to use as well.