What's new

4s to 5s sim card question

1iwilly

Reaction score
hello to all
this might be a dumb question. but need to be sure before i make the buy.
my 4s is on metropcs. i have a chance to buy a 5s for a good price it is from t-mobile been they are the same company can i just take my sim card and put it on the t-mobile 5s.??and no the 5s is not unlocked. but could it still work thanks

Practically speaking, no because the 4S utilizes a micro SIM whereas the 5X devices utilizes a nano SIM, so you can't take it out of the 4S and stick it into the 5S. You can get a SIM cutter to trim down the SIM, but if you do it manually, or if your SIM cutter isn't sharp, it can damage the SIM of the crucial portions of the card, and nets you a need for a new SIM anyways. It's best to just get another SIM from MetroPCS. If you're a current subscriber, it should cost either $5 or nothing to get a new nano SIM. I know for a fact that T-Mobile users that upgrade or switch devices that utilizes a different SIM do not have to pay if they're a subscriber of their service. As MetroPCS and T-Mobile are affiliates, I would believe the policy would still stand as long as you're subscribed to their services.