What's new

iPhone 4 AT&T unlock to use Verizon

Rbishop6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a iPhone 4 and I am wondering if I get a factory unlock from any website, will this allow me to use my Verizon SIM card in my AT&T unlocked phone?

I don't think this will work with the iPhone 4, the radios are different: AT&T is GSM while Verizon is CDMA.

Not possible. The baseband chipsets on the iPhone 4 are designed to work on one band and one band only. On dual band devices like the 4S and 5, it would be possible as they're world 'phones

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

I wanna get on this thread since i have the same question as the op except i have 4s

My daughter has Verizon 4s which is not working correctly. The wifi will not turn on after several different methods of trying to fix it..

I have an ATT 4s that isnt being used, i just had ATT unlock it for me.

I have backed up her phone and then installed her sim into the ATT phone and restored it, everything transfered fine but it WILL NOT find her carrier ....It says NO SERVICE.....

Any help ? Ive looked all over but im having trouble with this service picking up...

It won't work. ATT phones are GSM and won't work on a CDMA carrier. (Verizon and Sprint). Doesn't matter that it's unlocked. It's the hardware of the phone.

Sure have seen a LOT of posts lately about wifi not working on the 4s! Did she update her phone to 7.0.4? Have you contacted Apple about it?

Last edited:
Ok Thanks...yes she updated to 7.0.4 I have also seen alot of wifi 4s issues.

I thought it was ok to use AT&T (unlocked) 4S phone for Verizon now?,,,guess not ,,,Oh well.

I didnt call verizon because of the age of the phone. Neither phone is under contract anyways , so i guess she will have to just use her old 4 ....shes 11 and doesnt use it enough to justify a new Iphone.

Thanks for the answer too...