What's new

iPhone Tips & Tricks

Old sticky, but still useful for users that are on older devices. For newer devices, I've added a few screen captures for some of the features for users that are either new to the iPhone/iPod/iPad on iOS 7 (if users have never had an Apple device before) so you can see the new equivalent. For users that just freshly upgraded, if you're not sure of your way around, you can compare the old and the new.

I'll also need to find a weekend where I can resize the images and add some extra screen captures as well to the other features, but the noticeable/confusing changes have been prioritized and added. Feel free to suggest as well, as we're always open to suggestions

Hey everyone I'm new this site can anyone help me to identify those application when u get message comes that as notification .. I know middle one is whatsapp what about right and left one .. Please name those applications .
Thanks
jy3yqe6a.jpg

HEER❤️

Hey everyone I'm new this site can anyone help me to identify those application when u get message comes that as notification .. I know middle one is whatsapp what about right and left one .. Please name those applications . Thanks HEER❤️
What kind of phone is that? Blackberry? Android? I think the rectangle with the smiley face shows you have a regular text message. The maple leaf is most likely the Eco Mode. The Eco Mode helps you save battery life. If I'm wrong about either, someone chime in to correct me.

Its smart phone LG .
So smily face is just a normal text message i receive ? Or any other chat icon ? Just want to know that .. Thanks a lot for helping.

HEER❤️

Thank u so much.. I have apple 5s as well i thought its about both android and Apple :)
I will keep in mind and ask only about apple here sorry just new didn't know how this forum works ....Thanks guys[emoji173]️

HEER❤️

Does anyone know how to get the current temperature and daily weather back on the home screen pull down? It seems to have gone away with iOS 8....

Does anyone know how to get the current temperature and daily weather back on the home screen pull down? It seems to have gone away with iOS 8....

Mine disappeared right after I updated my 4S - but it was there the next morning. I guess it just neede time to finish syncing and sorting.

Oh, and you do have to have the "Today" view activated in the Notification Center. To do, open the Notification Center and press the Edit button at the bottom. Then, make sure the Today view is in the top part.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Thanks- but I don't even see "today" as an option in notifications. Hopefully it will come back soon! :)

Thanks- but I don't even see "today" as an option in notifications. Hopefully it will come back soon! :)

It's a little different in iOS 8 in that you can't really do much editing in the Settings app. You have to press the "Edit" button in the actual Notification Center. Once you press that button, you'll see a view similar to this:

y8y6yry9.jpg

Then, just tap the green plus circle to have the item show in the Notification Center.

The ones at the top of the picture are showing in my Notification Center. If I were to tap the red minus circle, they'd wouldn't sHow.

Marilyn

Thanks! I have it now. I deleted some apps to do the upgrade - one was the weather channel. It didn't realize the app was linked to that info. Silly me!