What's new

Iphone reboots by its self

saintdawson

Reaction score
Hi my iPhone 4 gsm 16gig will reboot by itself at random time I will look over and it's rebooting but when it reboots it take about 5-6 seconds. I have a appointment with my apple genius and I'm wondering if its hardware before I go cause I'm on iOS 6.0.1 and its been happening since 5.0.1 any help

Did it happen spontaneously back in iOS 5? Or did you do something before something happens. Also, did you upgrade your iOS OTA or using iTunes.

Updated on iTunes and its just started happening idk what I did but it just happened and stayed i thought it was software cause when I updated I thought apple fixed it but yet again not two day after updating its rebooted. Now I don't know if its software or hardware issue.

Try restoring it with either RedSn0w or with DFU mode if you haven't.

I've tried all that nothing seems to work I call apple they said they will give me a refurbished but I have to talk to the apple genius before I get one are the refurbished ones good?

Try restoring it with either RedSn0w or with DFU mode if you haven't.
Restoring with redsn0w..what's that going to prove..?

If your iPhone is still under warranty take it to the Genius bar and get a swap out.. you may want to restore with iTunes, as a "New device"....hold off loading a backup to your iPhone...

Ok are the refurbished units of the iPhone 4 any good?

Ok thanks its cause my friends have refurbished iPhones and they say the suck more then what the there old phones problems are cause I called apple they said I will be getting a new phone so I was just wondering if it was better to get a refurbished then to keep the broken phone I have now

Out of warranty and mine expires on December 25 so if I did get a bad one I would have time to get a new one but them my warranty would be gone so if that one was bad I would have to keep it and I don't want that to happen

Can I buy more warranty even if my one year warranty expires?