What's new

Problems with home button

David Llewellyn

Reaction score
Hi. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3. I have had this phone for at least 6 months and it has in the past few weeks developed an intermittent problem with the home button which sometimes stops working and the only way to come out if any app is to shut the phone down and reboot. This problem manifests itself randomly and can start working properly as randomly. I have restored it using genius bar staff at my local apple shop and the phone worked fine for a few weeks so I'm assuming it's a software issue and not a hardware one. Anyone else having this problem? And have you found out what's causing it?

1st iPhone 4 I bought had the same problem. It wasn't usable. Took it back got a new one.

I think it's a hardware issue. I'm having the same issue with my phone since 4.3.1 and despite what new iOS i upgrade the issue is still there, mine is not even random but permanant. I just don't want them to repair it as by doing so i might have to go back days later for maybe screen issue or speakers issues etc... Issues that i've never experience before. So i'm use to this defective home button and with jailbreak and MT gestures and other tweaks i use the home buton very sulden, i will say that i use it with power button to take a screen shot and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also had the same problem with my 3G phone and changed to the 4 because of it despite tue phone being replaced twice. Saw a new Nokia over the weekend which I may change to if I can't resolve this problem soon. Interestingly no problems today AT ALL which reinforces my thought that it's a software issue with an app as I haven't used any apps today other than the phone messaging and diary.

Ahh ok then... Maybe it's software related. Mine is def hardware related. What nokia phone have u seen today?

I think it was a G7. It's a but clunky but synchronises with outlook with my diary and contacts automatically, like mobile me, so it could work with my business which is what I need

Never heard about that G7, i will google to see what it looks like.